Kabhi Alvida Naa Kehna
Kabhi Alvida Naa Kehna (transl. Never say goodbye), also abbreviated as KANK, is a 2006 Indian Hindi-language musical romantic drama movie written and directed by Karan Johar and produced by his mother Hiroo Yash Johar, in her debut, under the Dharma Productions banner. The movie stars Amitabh Bachchan, Shah Rukh Khan, Abhishek Bachchan, Rani Mukherji, Preity Zinta and Kirron Kher.
|Kabhi Alvida Naa Kehna|
|Directed by||Karan Johar|
|Produced by||Hiroo Yash Johar|
|Screenplay by||Karan Johar|
|Story by||Karan Johar|
|Narrated by||Shah Rukh Khan|
|Edited by||Sanjay Sankla|
|Box office||est. ₹112–120 crore|
The movie released worldwide on 11 August 2006 and it received positive reviews and was a success internationally, especially in the United States. It became the highest grossing Indian movie of all time overseas when it was released. The movie was played in over 1,200 cinemas worldwide, and it grossed a worldwide total of ₹2.26 billion ($37 million).
- Amitabh Bachchan as Samarjit "Sam" Talwar
- Shah Rukh Khan as Dev Saran
- Abhishek Bachchan as Rishi Talwar
- Rani Mukerji as Maya Talwar
- Preity Zinta as Rhea Saran
- Kirron Kher as Kamaljit "Kamal" Saran
- Arjun Rampal as Jai
- Ahsaas Channa as Arjun Saran
- Kavi Chopra as a young soccer player
- Kajol in an item number in the song "Rock 'N' Roll Soniye"
- John Abraham in a cameo as the DJ in the song "Where's The Party Tonight?"
- Karan Johar as a train passenger in a cameo appearance
- Ayan Mukerji in a cameo appearance in the song "Tumhi Dekho Naa"
- "Kabhi Alvida Naa Kehna (12A)". British Board of Film Classification. Retrieved 2 February 2013.
- "A Rs 150 cr question". The Financial Express. Retrieved 26 December 2010.
- Bamzai, Kaveree (30 October 2006). "Bollywood hits overseas box office in 2006". India Today. Retrieved 30 January 2012.
- "sify.com". KANK opens in 1,200 screens. Archived from the original on 30 September 2007. Retrieved 24 August 2007.