Kajol Devgn (née Mukherjee) (born 5 August 1974), better known as Kajol is an Indian actress who appears in Bollywood films. She has also appeared in two Tamil films. She has received six Filmfare Awards. In 2011, she was awarded the Padma Shri, India's fourth-highest civilian award by the Government of India.
5 August 1974
Mumbai, Maharashtra, India
|Years active||1992–2001, 2006–2010|
|Height||1.6 m (5 ft 3 in)|
|Spouse(s)||Ajay Devgan (m.1999–present)|
Kajol is half Maharashtrian and half Bengali. She was born to actress Tanuja and film director and producer, Soumya Mukherjee. Her younger sister, Tanisha Mukherjee is also an actress. Her cousins, Rani Mukherjee, Sharbani Mukherjee and Mohnish Behl are also Bollywood actors.
She started her career at the age of seventeen. She started in her first movie in 1992 with the movie Bekhudi which failed to do well at the box office although this didn't affect her career. A year later in 1993, she was paired with Shahrukh Khan for the movie Baazigar which was a box office hit. Since then, she has done many hit movies which included Dilwale Dulhania Le Jayenge, Karan Arjun, Ishq, Gupt, Pyaar Kiya To Darna Kya, Kuch Kuch Hota Hai, Hum Aapke Dil Mein Rehte Hain, Kabhi Khushi Kabhie Gham, Fanaa, My Name Is Khan, and Dilwale.
She is married to fellow actor, Ajay Devgn. They have a daughter and a son.
- 2010 Best Actress - My Name Is Khan
- 2006 Best Actress - Fanaa
- 2001 Best Actress - Kabhi Khushi Kabhie Gham
- 1998 Best Actress - Kuch Kuch Hota Hai
- 1997 Best Villain/Villainess - Gupt
- 1995 Best Actress - Dilwale Dulhania Le Jayenge
Screen Weekly AwardsEdit
- 2002 Best Actress - Kabhi Khushi Kabhie Gham
- 1999 Best Actress - Dushman
Padma Shri AwardEdit
- 2011 Padma Shri by the Government of India
- ↑ "Kajol Biography". Archived from the original on 17 February 2013. Retrieved 26 September 2012.
- ↑ "Padma awards go filmy". Hindustan Times. 2 April 2011. Archived from the original on 25 January 2013. Retrieved 26 September 2012.
- ↑ "Kajol's parents".
- ↑ "Kajol's early life". Archived from the original on 17 February 2014. Retrieved 26 September 2012.
- ↑ "17 Years Later, Kajol Reveals Why She Married Ajay at the Peak of Her Career". NDTV. 1 September 2016.
- ↑ Raghuvanshi, Aakanksha (13 September 2021). ""So Grown Up," Writes Kajol In Her Birthday Post For Son Yug". NDTV.