skyscraper in Cleveland, Ohio
Key Tower is a skyscraper on Public Square in Cleveland, Ohio. It was designed by architect César Pelli. It is the tallest building in the state of Ohio, the 26th-tallest in the United States, and the 165th-tallest in the world.
|Tallest in Ohio since 1991[I]|
|Preceded by||Terminal Tower|
|Location||127 Public Square|
|Coordinates||41°30′04″N 81°41′37″W / 41.50111°N 81.69361°WCoordinates: 41°30′04″N 81°41′37″W / 41.50111°N 81.69361°W|
|Construction started||October 17, 1988|
|Owner||The Millennia Companies|
|Architectural||947 feet (289 m)|
|Roof||888 feet (271 m)|
|Floor area||1,249,981 square feet (116,127.0 m2)|
|Design and construction|
|Developer||Richard E. Jacobs Group|
|Structural engineer||Skilling Ward Magnusson Barkshire|
The building reaches 57 stories or 947 feet (289 m) to the top of its spire, and it is visible from up to 20 miles (32 km) away. The tower has about 1.5 million square feet (139,355 m²) of office space.
- ↑ 1.0 1.1 1.2 1.3 "Key Tower - The Skyscraper Center". Council on Tall Buildings and Urban Habitat. Archived from the original on 2013-06-27. Retrieved 2019-09-09.
- ↑ Jarboe, Michelle (2017-01-31). "Key Tower returns to local ownership, with $267.5 million sale to Millennia Companies". The Plain Dealer. Retrieved 2017-02-01.
- ↑ "The World's Tallest Buildings | Statistics | EMPORIS". www.emporis.com.
- ↑ "Society Center". The Encyclopedia of Cleveland History. Case Western Reserve University. 1997-07-22. Retrieved 2009-08-22.
- Key Tower on CTBUH Skyscraper Center
- Images and architectural information
- Key Tower livecam