Kingdom Hearts: Chain of Memories
Kingdom Hearts: Chain of Memories is the second game in the Kingdom Hearts series, and was released in Japan on November 11, 2004 and in North America on December 7, 2004. It was made for the Game Boy Advance.
The game starts immediately after the end of Kingdom Hearts. Sora, Donald and Goofy go to a castle called Castle Oblivion where they visit recreations of the worlds they visited before. Each world is on a different floor, and as they move to higher floors, they lose more and more memories. Their lost memories are replaced by new ones. Sora eventually forgets Kairi, and she is replaced in his memory by a girl named Naminé. Sora also meets and fights members of a group called Organization XIII. The group built Castle Oblivion to erase Sora's memories and trick him into joining them. In the end, Naminé tells Sora she erased his memories, and gives him the choice to keep his new memories or have his old ones restored. If his memory is fixed, he will forget everything that happened in Castle Oblivion. He chooses to get his old memories back and tells Naminé he could never forget her. His story ends with him being put to sleep, because it will take Naminé one year to restore his memories.
After completing Sora's story, the player can play as Riku, who travels through Castle Oblivion's basement levels. Riku meets different members of Organization XIII than Sora did, and fights them. He also recalls what he did during Kingdom Hearts and struggles with Ansem's influence on him.
Re:Chain of MemoriesEdit
Kingdom Hearts Re:Chain of Memories is a reissue of the game made for the PlayStation 2. It has added cutscenes and battles that were not in the Game Boy version of Chain of Memories. It was released together with Kingdom Hearts II Final Mix + in Japan on March 29, 2007, and was released as a standalone title in North America on December 2, 2008.
- "Kingdom Hearts: Chain of Memories". IGN. Retrieved 2007-09-04.
- "Kingdom Hearts: Chain of Memories Info". GameFAQs. Retrieved 2007-05-24.
- "Square Enix Announces Kingdom Hearts Re:Chain of Memories for North America". Square Enix. 2008-09-19. Retrieved 2008-09-19.
- "Kingdom Hearts: Re:Chain of Memories Heads to Retailers Today". IGN. 2008-12-02. Retrieved 2008-12-10.
|Wikiquote has a collection of quotations related to: Kingdom Hearts: Chain of Memories|
- Kingdom Hearts: Chain of Memories - Square Enix's North American official website
- Kingdom Hearts Re:Chain of Memories - Square Enix's North American official website
- Kingdom Hearts II Final Mix+ - Square Enix's Japanese Final Mix+ official website
- Official TOKYOPOP Kingdom Hearts: Chain of Memories North American manga site
- Kingdom Hearts: Chain of Memories on IMDb