Lucasfilm is an American movie and television production company. It is based in the Letterman Digital Arts Center in San Francisco, California. It is best known for the Star Wars and Indiana Jones movie franchises. It does live action and animation. In 2013, Disney announced that they would buy Lucasfilm Limited for one billion dollars. Lucasfilm became a subsidiary of Disney.
|Limited Liability company|
Subsidiary of Walt Disney Motion Pictures
|Headquarters||Letterman Digital Arts Center in San Francisco, California|
|Products||Movies and television programs|
Walt Disney Studio Motion Pictures (2013-)
Lucasfilm was created in 1971 by George Lucas (creator of the Star Wars Franchise). It had a Lucasfilm Animation division for animation products. Lucasfilm Ltd. had done services of products in Live Action movies and Animated television series and movies.
- Star Wars movie series (distributed by Twenieth Century Fox)
- Star Wars: Episode VII - The Force Awakens (co-produced by Walt Disney Motion Pictures and Bad Robot)
- Star Wars The Clone Wars (distributed by Cartoon Network and Netfilx)
- Star Wars Rebels (distributed by Disney Domestic Television and Disney XD)
- Star Wars Holiday Special
- Lego Star Wars (with LEGO)
- Lego Star Wars: The Yoda Chronicles (co-produced by WilFilm, LEGO and distributed by Cartoon Network and Disney XD)
- Star Wars Detours
- Indiana Jones
- Leonard, Devin (8 March 2013). "How Disney Bought Lucasfilm—and Its Plans for 'Star Wars'". Retrieved 7 October 2016 – via www.bloomberg.com.
- "Disney buys Lucasfilm for $4 billion". Retrieved 7 October 2016.
- "Star Wars: The Clone Wars Animated Series by Lucasfilm". Retrieved 7 October 2016.