Star Wars: The Force Awakens
Star Wars: Episode VII - The Force Awakens is an American epic space opera movie premiered in 2015. It is by Lucasfilm and also by Bad Robot Productions, and distributed by 20th Century Fox and Lucasfilm. It is the seventh movie in the Star Wars movie series. It was directed by J. J. Abrams and written by George Lucas.
|Star Wars: Episode VII - The Force Awakens|
|Directed by||J. J. Abrams|
|Story by||George Lucas|
|Music by||Don Davis|
Harrison Ford, Mark Hamill, and Carrie Fisher play the roles they played in the original movies. The movie score was composed by John Williams. The movie was released on December 18, 2015. In November 2014, the title of the movie was announced as Star Wars: The Force Awakens.
The story is set about thirty years after Return of the Jedi and the death of Darth Vader and the Emperor. It is about three young people and characters from the previous movies.
- Harrison Ford as Han Solo, a smuggler that takes control of the Millennium Falcon with his lifelong friend Chewbacca. He is romantically linked to Princess Leia who is now general of the resistance. Solo is killed by his son Kylo Ren (Ben Solo) towards the end of the movie.
- Mark Hamill as Luke Skywalker, Skywalker only appeared in the ending with no lines just staring at Rey assuming his future involvement in the sequel.
- Carrie Fisher as General Leia Organa, is the official general in command of the resistance and lover of Han Solo. She is the mother of the villain Kylo Ren (Ben Solo).
- Adam Driver as Kylo Ren, a dark warrior strong with the Force, originally a member of the Knights of Ren, and commander of the First Order. He is the son of Han Solo and Princess Leia.
- Daisy Ridley as Rey, a scavenger on the desert planet Jakku. On the character, Ridley said, "She's completely self-sufficient and does everything for herself, until she meets another character and an adventure begins."
- John Boyega as Finn, a redeemed First Order stormtrooper. On how Finn fits into the film, Boyega said, "When we find Finn, he's in incredible danger. And the way he reacts to this danger changes his life, and launches him into the Star Wars universe in a very unique way."
- Oscar Isaac as Poe Dameron, a Resistance X-wing pilot. On the character, Isaac said, "He's the best freaking pilot in the galaxy... He's been sent on a mission by a certain princess, and he ends up coming up across [Finn], and their fates are forever intertwined."
- Lupita Nyong'o as Maz Kanata, a pirate.
- Andy Serkis as Supreme Leader Snoke, Kylo Ren's master and a powerful figure of the Dark Side of the Force.
- Domhnall Gleeson as General Hux, leader of the primary First Order base, Starkiller Base.
- Anthony Daniels as C-3PO
- Peter Mayhew as Chewbacca
- Max von Sydow as Lor San Tekka
Additionally, Kenny Baker and Tim Rose reprise their roles as R2-D2 and Admiral Ackbar, respectively, from previous films. Gwendoline Christie stars as Captain Phasma, an officer in the First Order, and Kiran Shah stars as Teedo, a scavenger on Jakku who rides a semi-mechanical Luggabeast. Additionally, Crystal Clarke, Pip Andersen, Christina Chong, Miltos Yerolemou, Greg Grunberg, Warwick Davis, Billie Lourd, Maisie Richardson-Sellers, Iko Uwais, Yayan Ruhian, Cecep Arif Rahman, Amybeth Hargreaves, Leanne Best, Jessica Henwick, and Simon Pegg were cast in minor roles. Daniel Craig has a cameo appearance as a Stormtrooper. Ewan McGregor voiced Obi-Wan Kenobi in a scene.
The movie was released on December 18, 2015 on IMAX.
- "George Lucas and Kathleen Kennedy Talk STAR WARS: EPISODE VII | Collider | Page 207393". Collider. November 20, 2013. Retrieved January 4, 2014.
- "STAR WARS: EPISODE VII CAST ANNOUNCED". Star Wars.com. April 29, 2014. Retrieved April 29, 2014.
- Hugh Armitage (December 16, 2013). "Star Wars Episode 7 script still not finalised". Digital Spy. Retrieved January 2, 2014.
- "News". The Walt Disney Company.
- McNary, Dave; McNary, Dave (17 April 2013). "Disney Brings the Force to CinemaCon".
- "'Star Wars: Episode VII' Title Revealed". The Hollywood Reporter. Retrieved 2014-11-7. Check date values in:
- "Star Wars: Episode VII Set to Roll Cameras May 2014". StarWars.com.
- Breznican, Anthony (August 12, 2015). "Star Wars: The Force Awakens: Kylo Ren's shroud is pulled back at last, but..." Entertainment Weekly. Retrieved August 12, 2015.
- "Databank: Kylo Ren". StarWars.com. Retrieved September 6, 2015.
- Breznican, Anthony (December 11, 2014). "'Star Wars: The Force Awakens' character names revealed (in coolest way possible) -- exclusive". Entertainment Weekly. Retrieved December 11, 2014.
- Abrams, Natalie (April 16, 2015). "10 things we learned from the Star Wars: The Force Awakens panel". Entertainment Weekly. Retrieved May 23, 2015.
- "Databank: Finn". StarWars.com. Retrieved September 6, 2015.
- Robinson, Joanna (May 4, 2015). "Adam Driver and Lupita Nyong'o's Characters Revealed in Exclusive Star Wars: The Force Awakens Photos". Vanity Fair. Retrieved May 4, 2015.
- "Academy Award Winner Lupita Nyoung'o Joins the Cast of Star Wars: Episode VII". StarWars.com. June 2, 2014. Retrieved June 2, 2014.
- "Capturing a Galaxy: An Interview with Annie Leibovitz – Exclusive". StarWars.com. StarWars.com. Retrieved May 28, 2015.
- Dyer, James (August 25, 2015). "Kylo Ren Is Not A Sith". Empire. Retrieved August 25, 2015.
- Davis, Edward (July 10, 2015). "'Star Wars: The Force Awakens': Domhnall Gleeson Revealed To Be On The Dark Side As General Hux". Indiewire. Retrieved July 10, 2015.
- "Tim Rose frustrated at Star Wars secrecy". TheAustralian. Retrieved September 5, 2015.
- Petty, Jared (May 4, 2015). "GAME OF THRONES' GWENDOLINE CHRISTIE REVEALED AS STAR WARS' CHROME TROOPER CAPTAIN PHASMA". IGN. Retrieved May 23, 2015.
- "Databank: Teedo". StarWars.com. Retrieved September 6, 2015.
- Marston, George (August 12, 2015). "J.J. Abrams: Rey and Finn's Last Names in Star Wars: The Force Awakens Are Purposely Secret". Newsarama. Retrieved September 6, 2015.
- "Star Wars Episode VII Production Update". StarWars.com. July 6, 2014. Retrieved July 6, 2014.
- Kroll, Justin (July 17, 2014). "'Star Wars Episode VII' Casts Newcomer Christna Chong". Variety. Retrieved July 17, 2014.
- Mzimba, Lizo (September 1, 2014). "Game of Thrones swordsman joins Star Wars film". BBC News. Retrieved September 1, 2014.
- Han, Angie (September 12, 2014). "'Star Wars Episode 7' Adds a J.J. Abrams Regular". Slashfilm. Retrieved September 12, 2014.
- Jagernauth, Kevin (October 16, 2014). "Warwick Davis aka Wicket Returns For 'Star Wars: Episode 7'". The Playlist. Retrieved October 16, 2014.
- Rodgers, Lisa (November 11, 2014). "Debbie Reynolds Gives a Family-Filled Curtain Call, Vegas Style". Vegas Seven. Retrieved November 15, 2014.
- Vincent, Alice (December 18, 2014). "Maisie Richardson-Sellers confirms Star Wars The Force Awakens role". The Daily Telegraph. Retrieved December 18, 2014.
- Brown, Todd (January 5, 2015). "THE RAID Trio To Appear In STAR WARS: EPISODE 7 - THE FORCE AWAKENS". Twitch. Retrieved January 5, 2015.
- Upkins, Dennis (January 18, 2015). "Star Wars The Force Awakens To Introduce Female Stormtrooper". ComicBook.com. Retrieved January 18, 2015.
- Butler, Tom (January 20, 2015). "Star Wars 7 News: Woman In Black 2's Leanne Best Outed As Castmember". Yahoo UK. Retrieved January 28, 2015.
- Lovett, Jamie (November 26, 2014). "Star Wars: The Force Awakens Adds Jessica Henwick To Cast". Comicbook.com. Retrieved December 18, 2014.
- "'Star Wars 7' To Hit Theaters in 2015; Disney Buys Lucasfilm [Updated]". screenrant.com.