Maria Helena Kaczyńska (Polish pronunciation: [ˈmarja kaˈt͡ʂɨɲska]; née Mackiewicz; 21 August 1942[a] – 10 April 2010) was the First Lady of Poland from 2005 through 2010. She was the wife of President Lech Kaczyński.
|First Lady of Poland|
December 23, 2005 – April 10, 2010
|Preceded by||Jolanta Kwaśniewska|
|Succeeded by||Anna Komorowska|
Maria Helena Mackiewicz
21 August 1942
|Died||10 April 2010 (aged 67)|
|Residence||Presidential Palace, Warsaw (official)|
|Alma mater||University of Gdańsk (M.S.)|
On 10 April 2010, 10:41 MSD (06:41 UTC), Maria Kaczyńska, and her husband, Polish President Lech Kaczyński, died when the Polish Air Force Tupolev Tu-154M they were aboard crashed while attempting to land at Smolensk-North Airport in the Russian city of Smolensk. All 89 passengers on board and the 7 crew members were killed.
- "Polish President Lech Kaczynski dies in plane crash". BBC. 10 April 2010. Retrieved 10 April 2010.
- "Maria Kaczyńska". Wirtualna Polska (in Polish). 2010-04-10. Retrieved 2010-04-10.
- "Maria Kaczyńska". Gazeta.pl (in Polish). Polish Press Agency. 2010-04-10. Archived from the original on 2014-08-08. Retrieved 2010-04-10.
- "Polish President, 95 Others Killed in Plane Crash Archived 2010-04-13 at the Wayback Machine", VOA News, 10 April 2010, Retrieved 10 April 2010.
Media related to Maria Kaczyńska at Wikimedia Commons
- Polish First Lady's official website Archived 2009-07-20 at the Wayback Machine
- Maria Kaczyńska official biography (in English) Archived 2010-04-08 at the Wayback Machine