Me Too! (British TV series)
This article relies largely or entirely on a single source. (July 2021)
Me Too! is a British live-action educational television series for preschool children that was shown on BBC Two and CBeebies from September 2006 to March 2007. It happens in a fake city in Scotland called Riverseafingal, which was filmed in North Berwick, Glasgow, Edinburgh, London, Newcastle upon Tyne and Manchester. The school is in a round shape, and is Gourock Primary School, which is real and in Gourock.
|Directed by||Andrew Agnew|
Elaine McKenzie Ellis
|Country of origin||United Kingdom|
|No. of series||2|
|No. of episodes||113|
|Executive producer(s)||Brian Jameson, Helen Doherty|
Newcastle upon Tyne
London, North Berwick and Glasgow
|Running time||20 minutes|
|Original release||4 September 2006 –|
30 March 2007
The series change
There are six adults. All of them have children except Juno, who owns a dog. One of the adults takes them to Granny Murray's house. Granny Murray cares for them when the adult is gone to do their job. Sometimes, the parent thinks of them and a 'think puff' travels to Granny Murray's house and the scene changes to where they are, and the same happens with them to their parent. One thing the series was made to do was to show children who have childminders and working parents the parents are always thinking of them. Children also see a simpler version of an adult's day at work.
Each episode is about a problem that happens at work and the main character's "race against time" to sort it out. Granny Murray gives the parent a piece of wisdom before they go, which helps to solve the problem. The series uses clocks and time a lot to help teach young children to tell the time.
Main characters change
A&E means Accident & Emergency.
|Granny Murray||childminder||Jane McCarry||Who's Here/What Have We Done Today?|
|Rudi||market stall trader||Chris McCausland||The Market|
|Tina||taxi driver, theatrical costume & prop hire||Elaine McKenzie Ellis||Pretty Pink Taxi|
|Raymond||buffet car manager, theatrical costume & prop hire||Matthew McVarish||I Love My Train|
|Dr Juno||A&E doctor||Rosemary Amoani||I'm Rushing Here & There|
|Mickey John||primary school teacher||Don Cameron||School Day, Work Away|
|Bobby||bus cleaner||Samantha Seager||Bobby Boogie Woogies|
Children and pets change
|Jack||Rudi and Louie||Jack McGarril (himself)|
|Lisa||Tina and Raymond||Lisa Irvine (herself)|
|Sampson the Dog||Dr Juno||Jess the Dog|
|Rebecca||Mickey John||Rebecca Morrow (herself)|
|Kai||Bobby||Kai Ross (himself)|
Other adults change
Claude is not a real human. He is a dummy.
|Nurse Hendry||A&E nurse||Ross Allan||None|
|Chuck||ferryboat band musician||Joyce Galugbo||The Ferryboat Band (with Louie)|
|Louie||ferryboat band musician||Michelle Rodley||The Ferryboat Band (with Chuck)|
|Mr. Grumpy||bus inspector||Not known||None|
Series 1 (2006–07) change
|Title||Directed by||Written by||Original air date|
|1||1||"I Want to Dance"||TBA||Wayne Jackman||4 September 2006|
No one wants to buy Raymond's chocolate mousses in the buffet car. When he does finally find a buyer, there are disastrous consequences.
|2||2||"Fireworks"||TBA||Wayne Jackman||5 September 2006|
When Granny Murray takes the children to a fireworks display at the castle, Bobby worries that the fireworks are scary.
|3||3||"Tummy Rumbles"||TBA||Wayne Jackman||6 September 2006|
Mickey John's tummy starts rumbling when he forgets to eat all day. However, when he falls asleep and forgets to eat his lunch, it's trouble for him!
|4||4||"I Want to See the Parade"||TBA||Wayne Jackman||7 September 2006|
Doctor Juno is tired of her injured patients talking about the Carnival and says to them that they should forget about it.
|5||5||"The Waterfall"||TBA||George Terry||8 September 2006|
On a rainy day, Rudi accidentally soaks himself when he tries to get rid of the water on his stall roof.
|6||6||"The Puncture"||TBA||Wayne Jackman||11 September 2006|
The old swing in Granny Murray's garden gets thrown out but Tina thinks she can replace it.
|7||7||"Bumps in the Night"||TBA||Ian Carney||12 September 2006|
|A huge wind storm is proving trouble for Bobby.|
|8||8||"Cheese and Tomato Toasties"||TBA||Lee Pressman||13 September 2006|
|Raymond eats a lot of tasty cheese toasties, leaving him short of bread.|
|9||9||"The Paper Mountain"||TBA||Penny Lloyd||14 September 2006|
Mickey John ends up with a messy classroom full of wasted paper.
|10||10||"Baby"||TBA||Davey Moore||15 September 2006|
Everyone is excited about the arrival of a new baby, but the father has gone missing.
|11||11||"Roadworks"||TBA||Wayne Jackman||18 September 2006|
The nearby road drillers are making Rudi's job a bit of a muddle as he cannot hear anything.
|12||12||"The Rattle"||TBA||Wayne Jackman||19 September 2006|
|Tina thinks she can hear a carnival parade, but it turns out to be her Taxi's exhaust pipes rattling.|
|13||13||"Kilts Away"||TBA||Alison Stewart||20 September 2006|
|Mickey John causes Raymond to have a sticky situation while en route to a bagpipe festival.|
|14||14||"I Want to Stay Up All Night"||TBA||Fay Woolf||21 September 2006|
|Kai's aim to stay up all night is proving big trouble for Granny Murray and Bobby.|
|15||15||"The Juicer"||TBA||Wayne Jackman||22 September 2006|
|Mickey John is exhausted by the hot weather, but there is no advantage to it.|
|16||16||"Less Rush"||TBA||Davey Moore||25 September 2006|
|Dr Juno has a very busy day and the more she rushes, the less she seems to get done. She even forgets about a patient who needs their plaster taken off. Fortunately, Tina is there to remind her.|
|17||17||"Cow Near the Line"||TBA||Penny Lloyd||26 September 2006|
A cow on the railway line causes problems on Raymond's train as he grinds to a halt, while Granny Murray takes the children to a police station.
|18||18||"Tricks"||TBA||Wayne Jackman||27 September 2006|
|Roger Wizardo is doing a performance at school, but does not have his magician's outfit or equipment with him, so Tina helps him out with what she has in the taxi.|
|19||19||"Granny Murray's Potato Recipes"||TBA||Brian Ross||28 September 2006|
|When Granny Murray's own potato recipes from her recipe book become popular, Rudi runs out of potatoes at his stall.|
|20||20||"I Want to Say Goodnight"||TBA||Wayne Jackman||29 September 2006|
Kai is sad to be separating from Bobby for the night so they agree to talk over the phone at bedtime. However, when she finishes the cleaning, she accidentally falls asleep and forgets about the call, so Bobby decides to go to Granny Murray's house to kiss him good night instead.
|21||21||"Fruit Bus"||TBA||TBA||2 October 2006|
|Bobby cleans the bus in preparation for a healthy eating campaign.|
|22||22||"The Operation"||TBA||Clare Walters & Jane Kemp||3 October 2006|
|One of Dr. Juno's patients is nervous about an operation, so Dr. Juno washes a teddy bear to make him feel better.|
|23||23||"Fantastical"||TBA||Wayne Jackman||4 October 2006|
|Mickey John tells a story about a king and queen, and the children draw pictures of the characters.|
|24||24||"Ratatouille"||TBA||Alison Stewart||5 October 2006|
|Rudi misplaces Raymond's list of ingredients for Granny Murray's ratatouille, but luckily remembers what is in it.|
|25||25||"Snooze"||TBA||Penny Lloyd||6 October 2006|
|Raymond goes to the beach in his lunch hour, but he falls asleep and nearly misses his train.|
|26||26||"Sports Day"||TBA||Penny Lloyd||9 October 2006|
|Mickey John's school is having sports day but the weather is raining. When there is a break in the clouds, Mickey John runs out to set everything up himself.|
|27||27||"The Airport"||TBA||Alison Stewart||10 October 2006|
|Tina is taking the Ferryboat Band to catch their flight. She forgets the pick-up but keeps calm and drives safely and steadily to sort it out.|
|28||28||"A Funny Turn"||TBA||Peter Hynes||11 October 2006|
|Dr. Juno had such a busy day that she has forgotten to eat. She starts to feel dizzy.|
|29||29||"The Kiss"||TBA||Wayne Jackman||12 October 2006|
|Raymond acts strangely as he awaits a visit from jazz singer Edith Budge.|
|30||30||"Fashion Show"||TBA||Johanna Hall||13 October 2006|
Tina delivers outfits for the college fashion show to the town hall, with a little help from Granny Murray.
|31||31||"Strawberries"||TBA||Penny Lloyd||16 October 2006|
|Tina helps Rudi collect strawberries from Hayes Farm to sell at his stall.|
|32||32||"I Like to Laugh"||TBA||Wayne Jackman||17 October 2006|
|Tina cannot remember her lines for the play.|
|33||33||"Hats On"||TBA||Peter Hynes||18 October 2006|
|It is the Castle Park Hill race and Mickey John, the commentator, cannot see which runner is which. He solves his problem by getting them all to wear different hats.|
|34||34||"Laundry"||TBA||Wayne Jackman||19 October 2006|
|On laundry day, Granny Murray makes time to take the children to the rugby.|
|35||35||"The Robot"||TBA||Alison Stewart||20 October 2006|
|Bobby wants to get Kai a present, but runs out of time to go shopping and ends up making a simple robot instead.|
|36||36||"Popcorn Express"||TBA||Brian Ross||5 February 2007|
|At a cinema, Raymond adds popcorn to the buffet car menu and the customers love it, but a lot of it goes on the floor. Raymond has fun clearing it up in comical silent movie style.|
|37||37||"Find Your Way"||TBA||Wayne Jackman||6 February 2007|
|Tina gets lost trying to find the way to Splash 'n' Swim and is too proud to say so. In the end, she finds it by following the signs.|
|38||38||"Cricket"||TBA||TBA||7 February 2007|
|The children are playing ball games with Granny Murray, and Mickey John is getting organised for a special game of cricket.|
|39||39||"Market Cries"||TBA||Wayne Jackman||8 February 2007|
|Granny Murray takes the children to the park and to the market, where they learn about working in a team.|
|40||40||"The Pet"||TBA||Davey Moore||9 February 2007|
|Bobby is "chosen" by an abandoned kitten so she decides to take it home and keep it as a pet.|
|41||41||"Harlequin Day"||TBA||TBA||12 February 2007|
|Doctor Juno has been too busy working and sorting out the Harlequin Day to organise the opening.|
|42||42||"The Treat"||TBA||TBA||13 February 2007|
|Mickey John compares Raymond's fast new train to old steam engines of days gone by.|
|43||43||"Driving Lesson"||TBA||TBA||14 February 2007|
|Granny Murray shows the children many cars, and Tina takes Bobby for a driving lesson in her taxi.|
|44||44||"Water, Water Everywhere"||TBA||Davey Moore||15 February 2007|
|There is a mix up and Raymond ends up ordering far more water than he needs for the buffet car on the train. Because the weather is hot, Raymond manages to do a big sales push and get rid of the extra water.|
|45||45||"Smiles"||TBA||Penny Lloyd||16 February 2007|
|Bobby wants to get one of the bus drivers a thank-you present for always making her smile, but she forgets to go to the shops before work.|
|46||46||"Signs"||TBA||Peter Hynes||19 February 2007|
|Rudi has too many pears to sell so comes up with an idea to help get rid of them.|
|47||47||"Castle Rocks"||TBA||Wayne Jackman||20 February 2007|
|Everyone sets off to a concert to see the Ferry Boat Band, but guest singer Doctor Juno is held up at the hospital.|
|48||48||"The Fancy Dress"||TBA||Davey Moore||21 February 2007|
|There is a fancy dress party in Riverseafingal, and Raymond and Bobby both borrow costumes from Tina, but problems arise when they both take the wrong costumes.|
|49||49||"Give a Wave Day"||TBA||Wayne Jackman||22 February 2007|
|Bobby does not realise she has been given special instructions to decorate the buses – but manages to set things right in the nick of time.|
|50||50||"Creative Train"||TBA||Peter Hynes||23 February 2007|
|Mess and disorganisation leave Raymond frustrated, so he sorts out the activities for the Creative Train day in the buffet car.|
|51||51||"Rubbish"||TBA||Wayne Jackman||26 February 2007|
|Rudi's fruit cups are a big success with the customers, but everyone is leaving the cups on the ground when they have finished. Rudi takes action and gets the cleaners in. He also buys a bin for the stall.|
|52||52||"Parking"||TBA||Penny Lloyd||27 February 2007|
|Tina wants to do her shopping and pick up Lisa from Granny Murray's, but has trouble finding a parking space.|
|53||53||"Lolly Sticks"||TBA||Tracey Hammett||28 February 2007|
|Granny Murray is taking the children to the fair today. Mickey John uses the fairground scenario to teach the children about shapes, colours and numbers.|
|54||54||"Story Bus"||TBA||Peter Hynes||1 March 2007|
|Bobby makes a special picture book for Kai by using old bus adverts.|
|55||55||"Everything Has Its Place"||TBA||Wayne Jackman||2 March 2007|
|Mickey John muddles up all the fruit on Rudi's market stall just so it will look nice for his film. Rudi cannot find anything so has to reorganise, and fast. Granny Murray and the children also find out how important it is to be able to find things quickly when they visit the fire fighters.|
|56||56||"The Disco Taxi"||TBA||Wayne Jackman||5 March 2007|
|On Lisa's birthday, Granny Murray is throwing her a party, but Tina worries that she will not be able to make it a special day for her.|
|57||57||"The School Trip"||TBA||Johanna Hall||6 March 2007|
|Mickey John forgets to remind the children to bring packed lunches for the school trip, so he asks Raymond to prepare the food.|
|58||58||"The Planetarium"||TBA||Penny Lloyd||7 March 2007|
|Granny Murray and the children look at stars through Mickey John's telescope.|
|59||59||"The Clock"||TBA||Wayne Jackman||8 March 2007|
|Mickey John is fascinated with how things work, but when he tries to understand how a clock works he breaks it and has to ask Tina for help.|
|60||60||"Niggles"||TBA||Wayne Jackman||9 March 2007|
|Everyone is annoyed with Raymond's grumpy mood, and when they start avoiding him, he decides to decorate the buffet car to make amends.|
|61||61||"Midnight Dancing"||TBA||Davey Moore||12 March 2007|
|Raymond and Tina are set to appear on Midnight Dancing while the Ferry Boat Band play live on TV, but Tina arrives at the Bus Depot in a panic, so Bobby needs to calm her down enough to attract Riverseafingal with her dancing.|
|62||62||"The Lost Mouse"||TBA||Wayne Jackman||13 March 2007|
|Tina and Raymond are going to get Lisa a pet, but they cannot decide what to buy.|
|63||63||"Silly Day"||TBA||Glyn Evans||14 March 2007|
|On Silly Day in Riverseafingal, everyone is raising money for the Hospital, but all the silliness is annoying Rudi.|
|64||64||"Seaside Run"||TBA||Nigel Crowle||15 March 2007|
|Tina forgets to get petrol for her vehicle in the rush to prepare for the taxi drivers' annual day trip to the seaside with the children.|
|65||65||"The Hat Parade"||TBA||Brian Ross||16 March 2007|
|The gang prepares for a hat parade at the People's Palace in the park, but Tina's headgear gets broken.|
|66||66||"Play Safe"||TBA||Penny Lloyd||19 March 2007|
|Granny Murray takes Sampson and the children to try out skating, while Doctor Juno starts a safety campaign.|
|67||67||"Running Out"||TBA||Diane Redmond||20 March 2007|
|Louie is ill and Rudi is so busy looking after her, but he forgets to order stock for his stall. He runs out of things to sell, so calls on Tina for help.|
|68||68||"Painting by Numbers"||TBA||Penny Lloyd||21 March 2007|
|Mickey John teaches how to mix colours during an art lesson.|
|69||69||"Leaky Bus"||TBA||Wayne Jackman||22 March 2007|
|Bobby arranges for a leaking bus to get fixed and tries to mend a broken toy for Kai.|
|70||70||"Clean Floors"||TBA||Peter Hynes||23 March 2007|
|Raymond takes much pride in how clean and safe he keeps his buffet car, but when Mickey John demonstrates his steam engine to Raymond, it leaves oil on the floor.|
|71||71||"Precious"||TBA||Davey Moore||26 March 2007|
|Tina visits a hospital when she gets a small ring stuck on her finger.|
|72||72||"Fruit Race"||TBA||Brian Ross||27 March 2007|
|Rudi has to decorate the finish line of the fruit race before the winner crosses it.|
|73||73||"Grumpy"||TBA||Wayne Jackman||28 March 2007|
|Doctor Juno tries to cheer up a grumpy Nurse Hendry.|
|74||74||"Fun with Words"||TBA||TBA||29 March 2007|
|Mickey John sends his class to sleep while teaching poetry, before calling on Tina and Raymond to help wake them up.|
|75||75||"Fingal's Rock"||TBA||TBA||30 March 2007|
|GM and the children go birdwatching at Fingal's Rock. At the hospital, Dr J has a problem with people getting lost on the way to X-ray.|
Series 2 (2007–08) change
- "Snoring": Bobby is frightened by strange noises in the bus depot but she investigates.
- "Bumped": One of Doctor Juno's patients is not recovering well so she asks Raymond for assistance.
- "Ditched": When Tina's taxi rolls into a ditch she needs assistance to remove it.
- "A Joke Too Far": It is tell-a-joke day and one of Rudi's jokes upsets Doctor Juno.
- "Chilly Day": It is a cold day so Doctor Juno wants to ensures that everyone wraps up warmly.
- "Gadgets": Mickey John gives a talk to his class about Roman gadgets.
- "Thunder": Bobby is scared of the thunderstorm that arrives in Riverseafingal.
- "The Chef": Raymond goes to the continent for a cookery lesson.
- "Chatterbox": Rudi earns money to buy a new jacket for Jack.
- "Taxi Lanes": Tina gets stuck in a traffic jam.
- "Packed Lunches": Raymond sells new lunchboxes on the train.
- "Birthday Socks": Mickey John wants to show his class how things have changed since he was a boy.
- "Be Seen": Doctor Juno asks Bobby to distribute some leaflets on the buses about night safety.
- "Night and Day": Mickey John has problems explaining the difference between night and day to the children.
- "Exotic Fruit": Nobody is interested in the exotic fruit being sold on Rudi's stall.
- "Waiting Room": It is raining and there is a queue for Tina's taxi.
- "Helping Hand": Raymond is working on a train called the Picnic Express and Tina tries to help him.
- "Don't Touch": Doctor Juno gives a talk to Mickey John's class about dangers in the home.
- "Pairs": On a cold day, many people are losing their gloves and scarves.
- "Castles and Knights": Mickey John's guest speaker fails to turn up.
- "Panto": Raymond has problems getting to Drumtown for his panto because of train problems.
- "Panic" Raymond keeps panicking over the slightest task and then a cat runs loose on the train.
- "Sharing Your Troubles": Doctor Juno's patient does not want to be examined.
- "Weights and Measures": Mickey John teaches his children about weights and measures.
- "Sorting Change": Rudi needs to visit the bank with his change before it closes.
- "Double Booked": Tina has a new booking system for her taxi but forgets to book someone in.
- "The Suitcase": Mickey John returns from his holiday but his suitcase causes problems on the train.
- "Soapy" Bobby does not realise that the bucket she is using to clean the buses is dirty.
- "Clean Corridors": Doctor Juno thought Bobby was wrong that her waiting room was dirty. But turns out Bobby's right and Doctor Juno's wrong.
- "Smelling of Roses": There is a horrible smell coming from Tina's taxi.
- "The Hike": Raymond has nearly run out of food on the train and Mickey John and his cub scouts are hungry.
- "Writing": Mickey John cannot read his classes' stories because he made them write them in a hurry.
- "Celebrity Chef": Rudi has a celebrity chef coming to his stall to do a cooking demonstration.
- "Wedding Car": Tina takes Doctor Juno to a wedding in her taxi.
- "Clever Dog": Sampson stops a child from running out onto the road.
- "Football Special": Everyone on the train, apart from Mickey John, wants to listen to the football match.
- "The Text Paper": Bobby has a lot of forms to fill in at work but does not know if she will have the time to fill them in.
- "Flags": Rudi likes Mickey John's idea that everyone should learn something new everyday.
- "Masks": Tina and Raymond perform Cinderella in Bruges. But they brought paper plates instead of hats.
- "Book Sale": Mickey John hosts a book sale to raise funds for the school.
- "Making a Fuss": When Mickey John panics that he has overreacted, Doctor Juno tries to calm him down.
- "Bouncy Day": Riverseafingal hosts a bouncing festival.
- "First Aid": Raymond grazes his arm but his first aid kit is empty.
- "Eyes and Teeth": Mickey John's teeth cleaning campaign needs brightening up.
- "Sunburn": It is a hot day and many people are going to Doctor Juno's hospital with sunburn.
- "The Coffee Machine": Raymond likes his new coffee machine until it stops working.
- "The Burst Water Main": When a water main bursts at Rudi's stall, he has to act fast to move it.
- "Good Advice": Raymond tries to sell crumbles as a snack but people want to buy fruit instead.
- "Pirate Hospital": The children are going to Jordan's party, however he has broken his arm.
- "Chocolate" Raymond and Mickey John visit Bruges to find new recipes for the buffet car. But Raymond forgets to get a treat for Lisa.
- "Spooky Party": Mickey John hosts a halloween party in his classroom.
- "Comfy": Tina does not realise that the seat in her taxi has burst.
- "Map": Mickey John gives his class a lesson on maps but his class don't find it interesting.
- "Sunshine Fruit": The rain is making everyone feel very glum.
- "Girl on a Bike": Tina feels very nervous about her show.
- "Lost Mop": Bobby is busy working on the buses when she gets distracted and loses her mop.
- "Counting Cows": Tina tells Granny Murray about the cowboy parade.
- "Changing Wheel": Bobby discovers that one of the buses has a flat tyre.
- "Bags Away": It is a windy day and Rudi's bags get blown away from his stall.
- "Smiles and Frowns": Raymond makes a meal and a birthday cake for Rudi and Louie.
- "Jive Times Table": Mickey John is not looking forward to teaching his maths lesson.
- "Auntie's Day Out": Tina takes her aunt on a trip to Bruges.
- "The Pigeon": A pigeon gets stuck in the bus depot.
- "Gymnastic Display": Tina opens Bobby's gymnastic display by performing a scarf dance.
- "The Fete": Granny Murray takes the children and Sampson to the fete.
- "Sorted": Bobby discovers a birthday card has been left on one of her buses.
- "Eat Your Greens": Rudi helps Doctor Juno with a photo shoot to promote healthy eating.
There are many locations in Riverseafingal:
- Granny Murray's House
- Castle Market
- The Castle (Edinburgh Castle)
- Harlequin Hospital (The Gherkin, London) as the exterior and the old A&E entrance and interior of Royal Infirmary of Edinburgh
- Roundhouse Primary School (Gourock Primary School, Gourock)
- Riverseafingal Bus Depot
- Taxi Garage
- Train Station and Train buffet car (Newcastle Station)
- The Ferryboat
- "Drawing It Out". BBC. Retrieved 20 September 2020.
- "Play Safe". BBC. Retrieved 20 September 2020.
- "Paper Football". BBC. Retrieved 20 September 2020.
- "The Puncture". BBC. Retrieved 20 September 2020.
- Patient, Douglas (1 May 2014). "TV personality leads pre-school drama group". East London and West Essex Guardian Series. Retrieved 20 September 2020.
- "Joyce Galugbo CV". mandy.com/. Retrieved 20 September 2020.
- "Game for kids' play; Exclusive Jane McCarry is getting ready for supers stardom with a prime role in the new Balamory". The Free Library. Retrieved 20 September 2020.
- "Me Too!". BBC. p. 3. Retrieved 25 May 2015.