Metal Max (メタルマックス, Metaru Makkusu) is a science fiction role-playing video game series that produced by Japanese company Crea-Tech. First game of series was release in 1991 in Nintendo Entertainment System. Due to treadmark problemsr, series has a sub-series Metal Saga. Series is famous in high freedom and unusual game world.
|Genres||Role-playing game, Open world|
|Platforms||Nintendo Entertainment System, Super Nintendo Entertainment System, Game Boy Advance, PlayStation 2, Nintendo DS, Mobile Phone, Virtual Console, Nintendo 3DS, PS Vita, PS4 Android, IOS,|
|Platform of origin||Nintendo Entertainment System|
|Year of inception||1991|
|First release||Metal Max|
|Latest release||Metal Max 4: Gekkō no Diva(Main Series), Metal Saga: The Ark of Wastes|
Like other Japanese RPGs, players use characters travel in destroyed feature world, find items to strong themselves, and battle with enemys to get money. In games, player can find and get tanks, tanks are powerful and can protect characters. Player can find tank in different place by searching, bought by money or made by NPCs. In battle, human characters can attact by themselves or using tanks, while all character's health points equals 0, battle was lost.
Tank has 6 parts: cannon (main gun), machine gun (sub gun), special equipments, chassis, engine, and control system. Using weapon can attack enemy, and the others can keep tank running normally. Tank was covered by armors, if tank was attacked, armors might be lost, than it will broken easily. If tank broken heavily, it wouldn't move or protect character, and it must need to be fixed.
First game of series was released in 1991 when Dragon Quest was popular in Japan, developer said for public that it's boring for battle with dragons, play human with tanks RPG -- Metal Max. In 1993, Metal Max 2 was released, it was sold 280,000 copies. And in 1995, the first of series was remade.
In the end of 1990s, original publisher Data East run not good, some game want to be publisher but not success. Finally, Data East got bankrupt in 2003, and "Metal Max" belongs to the one who don't work for video games.
- 豊臣和孝 (June 30, 2005). "賞金稼ぎとして自由奔放に生きていくRPG 「メタルサーガ ～砂塵の鎖～」" (in Japanese). Impress Corporation. Retrieved June 20, 2012.
- 山村智美 (Impress Corporation). "伝説の"竜退治はもう飽きた！"が復活！ 荒廃した世界を戦車で駆ける17年ぶりのシリーズ最新作 「メタルマックス3」" (in Japanese). August 24, 2010. Retrieved June 20, 2012. Check date values in:
- "MM系列FAMI通评论" (in Chinese). metalmax.org. Retrieved June 20, 2012.
- "『メタルマックス3』の開発者、宮岡寛氏と田内智樹氏のインタビュー完全版を公開！" (in Japanese). Famitsu. September 2, 2010. Retrieved June 20, 2012.
- "MetalMax概要４" (in Japanese). Crea-Tech. Archived from the original on June 23, 2013. Retrieved June 20, 2012.
- Official website of Metal Max series (in Japanese)
- Official website of Metal Saga series (in Japanese)
- Official website of Metal Saga New Frontier (in Japanese)
- Producer company's website (in Japanese)