Michel Jean Legrand
24 February 1932
|Died||26 January 2019 (aged 86)|
|Occupation||Film score composer|
Australian Film Institute Awards
He was best known for his movie music, such as The Umbrellas of Cherbourg (1964) and The Thomas Crown Affair (1968). The Thomas Crown Affair featured the song "The Windmills of Your Mind". Legrand won his first Academy Award for this song. He would win another Academy Award in 1971 for Summer of '42.
- Chinen, Nate (10 March 2007). "Music in Review; Michel Legrand". New York Times. Retrieved 9 December 2011.
- "Michel Legrand". Songwriters Hall of Fame. Archived from the original on 4 June 2012. Retrieved 9 December 2011.
- "Oscar-winning French composer Michel Legrand dies at 86". france24.com. 2019-01-26. Retrieved 26 January 2019.
- France-Presse, Agence (2019-01-26). "Michel Legrand, Oscar-winning composer, dies aged 86". The Guardian.
Media related to Michel Legrand at Wikimedia Commons
- Official website
- Biography of Michel Legrand Archived 2005-11-23 at the Wayback Machine, from Radio France Internationale
- Michel Legrand on IMDb
- Michel Legrand at the Internet Broadway Database
- non official website of Michel Legrand