Midlands Engine Strategy
Midlands Engine Strategy was an economic plan that Chancellor Phillip Hammond spoke about in 2017. On 9 March 2017, the government of the United Kingdom said it was made to be a powerful way to make the economy grow. The plan said the Midlands was the center of the UK economy. The Midlands makes abount one out of every five things in the UK. £392 million is going to be invested in the Midlands as part of the plan.
The plan had five main goals
- Improve supply connections to make production better
- Teach skills to workers to make businesses want to be there
- Support innovative companies
- Make people proud of the things they make so people in other countries would know their work
- Make life better for everyone and encourage other people to come visit
- "Midlands Engine to roar ahead with ambitious new strategy". Gov.uk. 9 March 2017. Retrieved 19 November 2018.