prefecture of Japan
Nara Prefecture (奈良県, Nara-ken) is a prefecture of Japan in the Kansai region on the island of Honshu. The capital city is Nara.
|• Governor||Shōgo Arai|
|• Total||3,691 km2 (1,425 sq mi)|
(October 1, 2020)
|• Density||358.8/km2 (929/sq mi)|
|Time zone||UTC+09:00 (JST)|
|ISO 3166 code||JP-29|
The area of Yamato Province was reorganized as Nara Prefecture during the Meiji period.
Nara is bordered to the west by Wakayama Prefecture and Osaka Prefecture. Its border on the north meets Kyoto Prefecture. Mie Prefecture is on the east.
Towns and villagesEdit
Towns and villages in each district:
National Parks are established in about 17% of the total land area of the prefecture.
Shrines and TemplesEdit
Ōmiwa jinja is the chief Shinto shrine (ichinomiya) in the prefecture. 
- ↑ Nussbaum, Louis-Frédéric. (2005). "Nara-ken" in Japan Encyclopedia, p. 699; "Kansai" at p. 477.
- ↑ Nussbaum, "Nara" at p. 698.
- ↑ Nussbaum, "Yamato" at p. 1046; "Provinces and prefectures" at p. 780.
- ↑ Japan Ministry of the Environment, "General overview of area figures for Natural Parks by prefecture"; retrieved 2012-8-30.
- ↑ "Nationwide List of Ichinomiya," p. 1 Archived 2013-05-17 at the Wayback Machine; retrieved 2012-3-13.
Media related to Nara prefecture at Wikimedia Commons