New York Islanders
The New York Islanders are an ice hockey team that plays in the National Hockey League (NHL). They were a great team between 1980 and 1983, winning four Stanley Cups and a record 19 consecutive playoff series. After playing from 1972 to 2015 at the Nassau Veterans Memorial Coliseum in Uniondale, New York, the team moved to Brooklyn and the Barclays Center starting with the 2015–16 season.
|New York Islanders|
|History||New York Islanders|
|Home arena||Barclays Center|
Nassau Coliseum[note 1]
|City||New York City, New York|
Uniondale, New York
|Colors||Royal blue, orange, white|
|Owner(s)||Jon Ledecky, Scott D. Malkin (primary)|
|General manager||Lou Lamoriello|
|Head coach||Barry Trotz|
|Minor league affiliates||Bridgeport Sound Tigers (AHL)|
Worcester Railers (ECHL)
|Stanley Cups||4 (1979–80, 1980–81, 1981–82, 1982–83)|
|Conference championships||6 (1977–78, 1978–79, 1980–81, 1981–82, 1982–83, 1983–84) [note 2]|
|Presidents' Trophies||0 [note 3]|
|Division championships||6 (1977–78, 1978–79, 1980–81, 1981–82, 1983–84, 1987–88)|
The Islanders plan to return to Nassau County in the near future. Construction on a new arena next to the Belmont Park horse racing track in Elmont, which borders Queens, is planned to start in 2018, with the team hoping to move in for the 2020–21 season.
- "Orange & Blue + You". NewYorkIslanders.com. NHL Enterprises, L.P. August 15, 2012. Retrieved April 6, 2018.
- "Islanders Brand Assets" (PDF). NHL Enterprises, L.P. November 28, 2012. Archived from the original (PDF) on March 4, 2016. Retrieved January 2, 2016.
- "Islanders moving to Brooklyn". ESPN. Retrieved 2014-06-19.
- "Cuomo, Islanders Make Belmont Official". New York Islanders. December 20, 2017. Retrieved March 4, 2018.
- The Islanders are scheduled to play 21 games at Nassau Coliseum for the 2018–19 NHL season.
- *Clarence S. Campbell Bowl (1977–78, 1978–79, 1980–81)
*Prince of Wales Trophy (1981–82, 1982–83, 1983–84)
- The Presidents' Trophy was not introduced until 1985. Had the trophy existed since league inception, the Islanders franchise would have won three Presidents' Trophies. The winning seasons would have been 1978–79, 1980–81, and 1981–82.