Next German federal election
The next German federal election will be held no later than 24 October 2021.
These parties have received at least 4% of the national vote in the last German federal election, and are predicted to win seats in this next election.
- Christian Democratic Union of Germany (CDU): led by Annegret Kramp-Karrenbauer. The party is liberal conservative and pro-European Union. Together with the Christian Social Union of Bavaria (CSU), a conservative party.
- Social Democratic Party of Germany (SPD): led by Andrea Nahles. The party supports social democracy and is pro-European Union.
- Alternative for Germany (AfD): led by Jörg Meuthen and Alexander Gauland. The party is nationalistic and is against the European Union.
- Free Democratic Party (FDP): led by Christian Lindner. The party supports classical liberalism and economic liberalism. The FDP is also pro-European Union.
- The Left: led by Katja Kipping and Bernd Riexinger. The Left is a democratic socialist party.
- Alliance '90/The Greens: led by Annalena Baerbock and Robert Habeck. The party supports green politics and is pro-European Union.
These parties received at least 0.5% of the national vote in the last German federal election.
- Free Voters: not a registered political party. The association attracts many conservative voters in the south.
- Die PARTEI: led by Martin Sonneborn. The party is satirical and populist.
- Human Environment Animal Protection: led by Stefan Bernhard Eck, Barbara Nauheimer and Horst Wester. The party is environmentalist and supports animal rights.