2021 Japanese general election
House of Representatives election
(Redirected from Next Japanese general election)
All 465 seats to the House of Representatives of Japan
233 seats needed for a majority
Parliamentary districts and regional party-list proportional blocks
- The Democratic Party merged with Kibō no Tō in May 2018, forming the Democratic Party for the People. The majority of the DPFP later merged with the Constitutional Democratic Party in September 2020, however 14 members refused to merge and instead formed a new party retaining the DPFP name and branding.
- The current Constitutional Democratic Party is a new party founded in September 2020 following a merger between the CDP, a majority of the former Democratic Party for the People and some independent Diet members. The new party voted to retain the CDP name as well as Edano as leader.
- "れいわ・山本太郎氏 ドタバタ比例立候補で失った「山本太郎」の名前…無効票危惧（東スポWeb）". Yahoo!ニュース (in Japanese). Yahoo! Japan. Yahoo! News Japan. Archived from the original on 18 October 2021. Retrieved 18 October 2021.
- "In surprise move, new Japan PM to call Oct 31 election". Reuters. 2021-10-04.
- 【選挙ライブ】2021衆議院選挙 開票速報ーー政党・注目候補の動きライブで (in Japanese), retrieved 2021-10-31
- "Japan's Ruling Coalition Poised to Keep Power Despite Losses". Bloomberg.com. 2021-10-31. Retrieved 2021-10-31.