type of staple food made from some type of unleavened dough
Noodles are thin strips of pasta which are made from dough. The dough for the noodles can be made in different ways:
- Egg noodles are made of eggs and wheat flour. Asian egg noodles, Italian type pastas or Reshteh are made this way.
- Wheat noodles- Mee pok, Lamian, Ramen, Udon, Champon, and Yakisoba-type noodles
- Rice noodles - Asian bihun,Vietnamese Phở
- Glass noodles are made of Mung bean or potato starch
- Buckweat noodles - Japanese Soba
Noodles are usually cooked in boiling water. Sometimes, after boiling, noodles are fried in a pan with other ingredients while being moved around in order to be mixed well, which is called stir frying. 
Kinds of noodles (especially in Japan)Edit
- ↑ "Hand-made Noodles". TravelGuide.com. Retrieved 2016-01-28.