North Africa is the Northern part of Africa. It is usually made up of these countries:
Other territories (3)
Most of north Africa is desert, which means it is very dry and does not rain very much. The predominant ethnic groups are Arabs, Berbers and Moors (mixed Africans and Arabs). The biggest religion is Islam, meaning that most of the people are Muslims.
- "Mauritania | People, Culture, & Facts". Encyclopedia Britannica.
- Mattar, Philip (June 1, 2004). Encyclopedia of the Modern Middle East and North Africa. Macmillan Reference USA. ISBN 9780028657691.
- "Political Map of Northern Africa and the Middle East - Nations Online Project".
- De facto government of parts of Western Sahara, claimant to the whole area.
- "Mauritania | History, Population, Capital, Flag, & Facts | Britannica". www.britannica.com. Retrieved 2022-05-12.
- Mattar, Philip (2004). Encyclopedia of the modern Middle East & North Africa. Macmillan Reference USA. ISBN 0-02-865769-1. OCLC 56090169.