Osnabrück is a city in Germany in the state of Lower Saxony. It is around 1,200 years old. The castle dates back to the 19th century. The city was founded by Charlemagne. It has about 165,000 inhabitants, and is twinned with Derby, UK, as well as five other cities around Europe.
mid-June 2009 aerial view of downtown Osnabrück
|• Lord mayor||Wolfgang Griesert (CDU)|
|• City||119.80 km2 (46.26 sq mi)|
|Elevation||63 m (207 ft)|
|• Density||1,400/km2 (3,500/sq mi)|
|Time zone||UTC+01:00 (CET)|
|• Summer (DST)||UTC+02:00 (CEST)|
Osnabrück is in the south of the state, on the border with North Rhine-Westphalia. It shares an airport with the neighbouring city of Münster which is in North Rhine-Westphalia. It is the only German city in a national park.
It is known as the City of Peace.
- Hinrichs 2013. sfn error: no target: CITEREFHinrichs2013 (help)
- Landesbetrieb für Statistik und Kommunikationstechnologie Niedersachsen, 102 Bevölkerung - Basis Zensus 2011, Stand 31. Dezember 2015 (Tabelle K1020014)
- "Osnabrück Today". Derby's website. Archived from the original on October 20, 2011. Retrieved September 25, 2011.
- "Welcome to Osnabrück". Osnabrück's website. Retrieved September 25, 2011.
- "Osnabrück – City of Peace". Tourism Marketing Niedersachsen. Archived from the original on September 28, 2011. Retrieved September 25, 2011.
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Osnabrück.|