Osnabrück is a city in Germany in the state of Lower Saxony. It is around 1,200 years old. The castle dates back to the 19th century. The city was founded by Charlemagne. About 165,000 people live there. It is twinned with Derby, UK, as well as five other cities around Europe.
|• Lord mayor||Wolfgang Griesert (CDU)|
|• Town||119.80 km2 (46.26 sq mi)|
|Elevation||63 m (207 ft)|
|• Density||1,400/km2 (3,600/sq mi)|
|Time zone||UTC+01:00 (CET)|
|• Summer (DST)||UTC+02:00 (CEST)|
Osnabrück is in the south of the state, on the border with North Rhine-Westphalia. It shares an airport with the neighbouring city of Münster which is in North Rhine-Westphalia. It is the only German city in a national park.
It is known as the City of Peace.
- Hinrichs 2013. sfn error: no target: CITEREFHinrichs2013 (help)
- "LSN-Online Regionaldatenbank, Tabelle A100001G: Fortschreibung des Bevölkerungsstandes, Stand 31. Dezember 2021" (in German). Landesamt für Statistik Niedersachsen.
- "Osnabrück Today". Derby's website. Archived from the original on October 20, 2011. Retrieved September 25, 2011.
- "Welcome to Osnabrück". Osnabrück's website. Archived from the original on February 26, 2015. Retrieved September 25, 2011.
- "Osnabrück – City of Peace". Tourism Marketing Niedersachsen. Archived from the original on September 28, 2011. Retrieved September 25, 2011.
Media related to Osnabrück at Wikimedia Commons