Owo church attack
|Owo church attack|
|Part of the herder–farmer conflicts in Nigeria|
|Location||Owo, Ondo State, Nigeria|
|Date||5 June 2022|
|Target||Worshippers at the St. Francis Xavier Catholic Church|
|Bombing, mass shooting, massacre|
|Weapons||Improvised explosive devices, guns|
No. of participants
The attack took place at the St. Francis Xavier Catholic Church. The attackers exploded bombs right outside the building and started firing their guns. Four of the perpetrators fired directly into the building. People tried to escape the building, but the main entrance was locked and the gunmen were firing at people trying to run through the remaining two. When people who were shot tried to get up the attackers would shoot them again.
A group hasn't yet said that they were responsible, so the perpetrator of the attack is unknown.
- "Over 50 feared dead in Nigeria church attack, officials say". AP NEWS. 2022-06-05. Archived from the original on 5 June 2022. Retrieved 2022-06-05.
- "Nigeria church massacre: What happened and why?". www.aljazeera.com. Retrieved 2022-06-06.
- "Nigerian forces hunt for gunmen who killed 50 at church". AP NEWS. 2022-06-06. Retrieved 2022-06-07.
- "Worshippers gunned down during church service in Nigeria". www.aljazeera.com. Archived from the original on 5 June 2022. Retrieved 2022-06-05.
- Babajide, Abdul (2022-06-05). "Foreigners from Mali trained in Libya behind attack on Owo Catholic church - Akeredolu". Daily Post Nigeria. Archived from the original on 5 June 2022. Retrieved 2022-06-06.
- "Infants among 22 worshippers killed in Nigeria church attack". AP NEWS. 2022-06-07. Retrieved 2022-06-07.
- "Nigerian forces hunt for gunmen who killed 50 at church". AP NEWS. 2022-06-06. Retrieved 2022-06-06.