Pope Innocent VIII
Pope of the Catholic Church, 1484–1492
|Papacy began||August 29, 1484|
|Papacy ended||July 25, 1492|
|Predecessor||Pope Sixtus IV|
|Successor||Pope Alexander VI|
|Birth name||Giovanni Battista Cibo|
|Died||July 25, 1492|
|Other popes named Innocent|
Cardinal Cibo was elected pope on August 29, 1484; and he chose to be called Innocent VIII.
Pope Innocent was involved in Italian and European political disputes.
- "List of Popes," Catholic Encyclopedia (2009); retrieved 2011-11-29.
- "Pope Innocent VII", Catholic Encyclopedia; retrieved 2011-11-29.
- Chisholm, Hugh (1910). The Encyclopedia Britannica: A Dictionary of Arts, Sciences, Literature and General Information. Encyclopedia Britannica Company. pp. 581–582.
Media related to Innocentius VIII at Wikimedia Commons
|Wikisource has original works written by or about:|
- . Catholic Encyclopedia. New York: Robert Appleton Company. 1913.
- Catholic Hierarchy, Pope Innocent VIII
- Cardinals of the Holy Roman Church, Cardinal Cibo