Prince Tomohito of Mikasa
|Born||5 January 1946|
Hayama, Kanagawa, Japan
|Died||6 June 2012 (aged 66)|
Chiyoda, Tokyo, Japan
|Burial||14 June 2012|
Toshimagaoka Imperial Cemetery, Bunkyo, Tokyo
(m. 1980–2012; his death)
|Issue||Princess Akiko of Mikasa|
Princess Yōko of Mikasa
|House||Imperial House of Japan|
|Father||Takahito, Prince Mikasa|
|Mother||Yuriko, Princess Mikasa|
Prince Tomohito graduated from Gakushuin University. In 1968-1970, Tomohito studied politics at Oxford University. He was the first member of the Imperial family to study at a British university since World War II.
- "Prince Tomohito, cousin of Emperor Akihito, dies at 66," Mainichi Daily. June 6, 2012; retrieved 2012-6-7.
- Onishi, Norimitsu. "A Font of Commentary Amid Japan’s Taciturn Royals," New York Times, (US), 20 October 2007; retrieved 2012-6-6.
- "Japanese Prince at Oxford," New York Times. April 17, 1968; retrieved 2012-6-7.
- "Yoroku: Remembering the 'Bearded Imperial Highness'," Mainichi Daily. June 7, 2012; retrieved 2012-6-7.
- "Prince Tomohito, Japanese emperor’s cousin, dies at 66 after bouts with various ailments," Archived 2012-06-19 at Archive.today Washington Post (US), June 6, 2012; "Obituary:Prince Tomohito," New York Times. June 7, 2012; retrieved 2012-6-7.
- "Japanese Prince Tomohito, cousin of Emperor, dies at 66," China Daily (PRC), June 6, 2012; retrieved 2012-6-6.
Media related to Prince Tomohito of Mikasa at Wikimedia Commons
- Imperial Household Agency (Kunaicho), Prince and Princess Tomohito of Mikasa