Pukhrayan train derailment
The Pukhrayan train derailment was an accident that happened on 20 November 2016 in the Indian state of Uttar Pradesh. The Indore-Rajendra Nagar express derailed in the place of Pukhrayan, Kanpur, Uttar Pradesh.It has resulted in 140 deaths and 200+ injuries.
The Indore-Rajendra Nagar Express is a passenger train between the Indore Junction and Rajendra Nagar Terminal. On 20 November 2016 at the time 3:00 the train derailed in the place of Pukhrayan, a town in Uttar Pradesh.
After the derailment about 142 passengers travelled in the train were reported dead and 200+ passengers were injured. It has been reported as one of the deadliest derailments after the 2010 Jnaneshwari Express derailment.
- PM Narendra Modi declared ₹200,000 compensation for each death in the accident and ₹50,000 for each seriously injured person.
- Indian Railways declared compensation of ₹3.5lakhs to the family of each dead people and ₹50,000 for each seriously injured.
- Uttar Pradesh CM Akhilesh Yadav announced ₹5 lakh compensation for dead people's family, ₹50,000 for seriously injured and promised ₹25,000 for minorly injured.
- Madhya Pradesh CM Shivraj Singh Chohan announced ₹2lakh to the family of each dead people and ₹50,000 for each seriously injured.
- "India rail crash raises concerns of underinvestment as toll hits 142". CNBC. Reuters. 21 November 2016. Retrieved 21 November 2016.
- "LIVE | Kanpur train tragedy: Death toll rises to 120, rescue operations on". Hindustan Times. 2016-11-20. Retrieved 2016-11-20.