The English used in this article or section may not be easy for everybody to understand. (February 2021)
Queer Sport Split (short: QSS) is a charity organization from Split, Croatia. It has a focus on the sport, culture and leisure of LGBTIQ+ community. It also works in education and research on the sports and LGBTIQ+ topics. It was registered in 2011 and is the longest running local LGBTIQ+ organization in Split and Dalmatia region.
Local activities and relevance change
QSS does periodic activities like: excursions and hiking, bocce, recreational swimming and socializing programs like 'Sport i pivo', 'PlesnjaQ' and 'Domaćinstvo' for LGBTIQ+ community. Screenings and presentations are organized to inform and inspire participants. QSS helps organizing Split Pride and running of LGBT Center Split.
"Since 2011, Queer Sport Split has organized gatherings and interventions with “soft activism”: activism that intervenes in the public space of the city through crocheting and knitting. The first such intervention was during the planning of Split Pride in 2012, where knit flags pointed to the right of all citizens to public space, rights which the LGBTIQ population was denied by the local government. In 2014, Queer Sport Split held the Marathon On Needles, a public knit-in, to promote access to public space, guerrilla activism, and social participation."
International activities and networks change
In 2018-2019 it was the leading Erasmus+ research project 'Beyond Binaries' with five other LGBTIQ+ sport organizations, in collaboration with institutions, networks and initiatives active in research and sport work.
'The project aims to create understanding for the highly limiting societal effects that the gender segregation unfolds, especially for and by examining the experiences of members of the LGBTQI+ community.'
In 2019-2021 it is part of Rainbow Youth for Sporting Equity - a research and education project by LEAP Sports Scotland and European University Sport Association and project CEEyouSPORT led by EGLSF.
It is part of regional network ERA and their contact point for Croatia.
- CROATIA - Country report for use in Canadian refugee claims based on persecution on the basis of sexual orientation or gender identity, 2015 Publisher: University of Toronto, Faculty of Law: Sexual Orientation and Gender Identity Working Group. [permanent dead link]
- INADEQUATE PROTECTION homophobic and transphobic hate crimes in Croatia, 2012 Publisher: Amnesty International.  Archived 2021-03-06 at the Wayback Machine
- O SUZBIJANJU HOMOFOBIJE I TRANSFOBIJE TE VRŠNJAČKOG NASILJA NAD LGBTIQ UČENICIMA/ICAMA, Priručnik za nastavnike/ice i stručne suradnike/ice, 2016 Publisher: Lori, ISBN 978-953-59135-1-1  Archived 2020-10-23 at the Wayback Machine
Other websites change
- "Slobodna Dalmacija - Splićanin: Nije moj problem to što sam peder, već što sam nezaposlen". slobodnadalmacija.hr (in Croatian). 2012-06-09. Retrieved 2021-02-12.
- "Tonči Kranjčević Batalić, splitski umjetnik, kustos i LGBT aktivist: Svaki oblik javnog djelovanja je politički!". www.crol.hr. Retrieved 2021-02-12.
- "Slobodna Dalmacija - LGBT centar Split: Gašenjem udruge Rišpet nije dovedeno u pitanje organiziranje gay parade". slobodnadalmacija.hr (in Croatian). 2019-10-18. Retrieved 2021-02-12.
- "Slobodna Dalmacija - Split je konačno dobio 'pošteni' queer party, a heteroseksualci su totalno dobrodošli!". slobodnadalmacija.hr (in Croatian). 2017-01-19. Retrieved 2021-02-12.
- Moss, Kevin (2014). Ayoub, Phillip M.; Paternotte, David (eds.). LGBT Activism and the Making of Europe: A Rainbow Europe?. Gender and Politics series. London: Palgrave Macmillan UK. pp. 212–232. doi:10.1057/9781137391766_10. ISBN 978-1-137-39176-6.
- "tisuću zastavica..." tisuću zastavica... (in Croatian). Retrieved 2021-02-12.
- "Soft Hajduk w/Queer Sport Split". MARIA MOLTENI. Retrieved 2021-02-12.
- "Maria Molteni / Common Field". www.commonfield.org. Archived from the original on 2021-03-06. Retrieved 2021-02-12.
- "Clubture". www.clubture.org. Retrieved 2021-02-11.
- "Split is voguing + FOTO – LGBT Centar Split" (in Croatian). Archived from the original on 2020-12-03. Retrieved 2021-02-11.
- MJ. "Strike a pose: Okušajte se u kategorijama new way i vogue femme". ezadar.net.hr (in Croatian). Retrieved 2021-02-11.
- "contesting/contexting SPORT 2016". www.e-flux.com. Retrieved 2021-02-12.
- "contesting/contexting SPORT 2016 (2016) – nGbK Archive". archiv.ngbk.de. Retrieved 2021-02-12.
- "EPAS (Council of Europe) brochure on LGBT inclusion in sport".
- "About this project | BEYOND BINARIES Erasmus+ project (B2 E+)". b2.queersport.info. Archived from the original on 2021-04-17. Retrieved 2021-02-11.
- "RYSE partners meet in Split | EUSA". www.eusa.eu. Retrieved 2021-02-12.
- Patrikainen, Erika (2019-09-16). "EGLSF Project "CEEYOUSPORT"". EGLSF.info. Retrieved 2021-02-12.
- "LGBTI Equal Rights Association for Western Balkans and Turkey | LGBTI Equal Rights Association for Western Balkans and Turkey". www.lgbti-era.org. Retrieved 2021-02-20.