Reddit is a website where people share links to articles, media and other things on the web. The website is organized into "subreddits", communities within the Reddit community to discuss certain topics or to look at specific content. The posted links can be voted on, and the links with most votes are displayed on the front page of the website. Reddit was founded in 2005 by Steve Huffman and Alexis Ohanian, and is also available in other languages. People in the Reddit community call themselves "redditors". Some examples of subreddits are /r/Pics, /r/Aww, /r/FakeHistory, /r/WritingPrompts, /r/Showerthoughts, /r/todayilearned. Subreddits are directed towards all sort of things, like educational, funny, cute pictures of animals, intellectual nonsense, internet memes, and more.
|Foundation date||June 23, 2005|
|Headquarters||San Francisco, California, U.S.|
|Key people||Steve Huffman (CEO)|
|Slogan(s)||"The front page of the Internet"|
|Alexa rank||17 (December 2018[update])|
|Type of site||Social news|
|Advertising||Banner ads, promoted links|
|Registration||Optional (required to submit, comment or vote)|
|Available in||Multilingual, primarily English|
Reddit is a website comprising user-generated content that can be discussed like a forum.
Reddit's core content consists of posts from its users.
Users and moderatorsEdit
Reddit users are called "redditors." Moderators are called "mods".
Discussions on Reddit are organized into user-created areas of interest called "subreddits".
- "Reddit on June-23-2005". Retrieved August 28, 2014.
- "Reddit.com: About the Reddit team". Retrieved April 24, 2015.
- "Reddit.com Site Info". Alexa Internet. Retrieved December 11, 2018.
- "About Reddit". Retrieved August 17, 2015.
- Morris, Kevin (11 October 2011). "What r/jailbait's closure really means". The Daily Dot. Archived from the original on 29 September 2013. Retrieved 28 October 2012.
- Chen, Adrian (12 October 2012). "Unmasking Reddit's Violentacrez, The Biggest Troll on the Web". Gawker. Archived from the original on 12 October 2012. Retrieved 28 October 2012.