Wikimedia disambiguation page
Restoration may refer to:
- In art, returning something to a better state, see art conservation and restoration
- In history, a restoration is a historical episode under which a previous government of an area is reinstated (see also: Restauration)
- The English Restoration, after which is named the HMS Restoration
- A period in the History of France, the Bourbon Restoration after 1814
- The Spanish Restoration
- The Swiss Restoration known as the Restauration (Switzerland) after the fall of Napoleon in 1814
- The Restoration period in Germany after the failed revolution of 1848
- Meiji Restoration, a period in Japanese history after 1866
- In literature and media:
- Restoration (Tremain novel), a 1989 novel by Rose Tremain set during the English Revolution
- Restoration (novel), a 2002 novel by Carol Berg
- The Restoration (movie), a 1909 movie by D.W. Griffith, based on the novel by Fyodor Dostoevsky
- Restoration (movie), a 1995 movie set after the English Revolution starring Robert Downey Jr
- Restoration (TV series), a BBC TV show in the UK highlighting buildings at risk
- Restoration (newspaper), a Catholic newspaper published by the Madonna House Apostolate
- In Christianity:
- Restoration of a person. An example of this can be found in John 21:15-19 where Peter is restored by Christ
- Restorationism was a religious movement in 19th century eastern United States and Canada
- In architecture, building restoration consists of work performed on a building in order to return it to a previous state of conservation, from which...
- In ecology, restoration represents the return of a landscape, ecosystem, or other ecological entity to a predefined historical state. See Restoration Ecology
- In criminal justice, restoration is another term for restorative justice
- In telecommunications, circuit restoration, action taken to repair and return to service one or more telecommunications services
- In dentistry Dental restoration, the shaped replacement material for lost tooth structure
- Restoration of vehicles, furniture, appliances, equipment, etc.
- Restoration Branches, independent organizations that have left the Community of Christ
| This disambiguation page lists articles associated with the title Restoration.
If an internal link led you here, you may wish to change the link to point directly to the intended article.