Rolle is a municipality in the canton of Vaud in Switzerland. It was the capital of the district of Rolle until 2006, when it became part of the district of Nyon. It is on the northwestern shore of Lake Geneva (Lac Léman) between Nyon and Lausanne. Rolle is about 30 kilometers (19 mi) northeast of Geneva (Genève) in the La Côte wine-growing region, and has views of the high Alps. It has a population (as of December 2017[update]) of 6,218.
Castle of Rolle
(as of SP)
|• Total||2.72 km2 (1.05 sq mi)|
|Elevation||376 m (1,234 ft)|
|• Density||2,300/km2 (6,000/sq mi)|
|Time zone||UTC+01:00 (Central European Time)|
|• Summer (DST)||UTC+02:00 (Central European Summer Time)|
|Surrounded by||Bursinel, Essertines-sur-Rolle, Gilly, Mont-sur-Rolle, Perroy, Tartegnin, Lake Geneva|
|Twin towns||Wallisellen (Switzerland)|
Profile (in French), SFSO statistics
- "Arealstatistik Standard - Gemeinden nach 4 Hauptbereichen". Federal Statistical Office. Retrieved 13 January 2019.
- https://www.pxweb.bfs.admin.ch/pxweb/fr/px-x-0102020000_201/-/px-x-0102020000_201.px/table/tableViewLayout2/?rxid=c5985c8d-66cd-446c-9a07-d8cc07276160; retrieved: 2 June 2020.
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Rolle (Vaud).|
- Rolle - Official website (in French)
- Rolle Office of Tourism[permanent dead link]
- Information and views on the main street in Rolle