Sadio Mané (born 10 April 1992) is a Senegalese professional footballer. He plays for Bundesliga club Bayern Munich and the Senegal national team. He plays as a winger. He was born in Sédhiou.
|Full name||Sadio Mané|
|Date of birth||10 April 1992|
|Place of birth||Sédhiou, Senegal|
|Height||1.74 m (5 ft 9 in)|
|2012–2014||Red Bull Salzburg||63||(31)|
* Senior club appearances and goals counted for the domestic league only and correct as of 21:19, 8 November 2022 (UTC)|
‡ National team caps and goals correct as of 18:42, 27 September 2022 (UTC)
In 2011, Mané came from Génération Foot to FC Metz in France. He played for the youth teams and the second team. His first game in the first team was on 24 January 2012 against SC Bastia. In 2012, he moved to Austria. There he played for Red Bull Salzburg in the Austrian Bundesliga. He won the Austrian Bundesliga and Austrian Cup in 2014 with Salzburg. In 2015, he moved to Premier League club Southampton.
In 2015, Mané set a new Premier League record for the fastest hat-trick. He scored three times in 176 seconds (two minutes and 56 seconds) during a 6–1 win over Aston Villa.
Mané signed for Liverpool in 2016 for a fee of £34 million. At the time, this made him the most expensive African player in history. In his second season with Liverpool, he scored in the 2018 UEFA Champions League Final in his side's 3–1 loss to Real Madrid. This made him the first Senegalese to score in the final of the competition. The next season, Mané won the 2018–19 UEFA Champions League with Liverpool, defeating Tottenham Hotspur 2–0 in the final. The same season, he was the joint-winner of the Premier League Golden Boot with 22 goals.
During the 2019-20 season, Mané scored two goals in the UEFA Super Cup against Chelsea as Liverpool won on penalties. He also played in the Liverpool's first FIFA Club World Cup final win. In January 2020, he was named CAF African Footballer of the Year. Liverpool went on to win the club's first Premier League title, and first league title since 1990, at the end of the season.
Mané has played for the Senegalese national team since 2012. He has played 60 times and scored 16 goals for the national side. He has played for Senegal at the 2012 Summer Olympics, 2015 Africa Cup of Nations, 2017 Africa Cup of Nations and the 2018 FIFA World Cup.
Red Bull Salzburg
- Austrian Bundesliga: 2013–14
- Austrian Cup: 2013–14
- ↑ "Southampton sign £10m forward Sadio Mane & Toby Alderweireld". BBC Sport. 2 September 2014. Retrieved 24 March 2019.
- ↑ "Southampton's Sadio Mané hits record hat-trick to rout Aston Villa". The Guardian. 16 May 2015. Retrieved 24 March 2019.
- ↑ "Sadio Mane: Liverpool complete £34m signing of Southampton forward". BBC Sport. 28 June 2016. Retrieved 24 March 2019.
- ↑ McNulty, Phil (26 May 2016). "Real Madrid 3–1 Liverpool". BBC. Retrieved 24 March 2019.
- ↑ McNulty, Phil (1 June 2019). "Tottenham Hotspur 0–2 Liverpool". BBC Sport. Retrieved 16 June 2019.
- Sadio Mané profile at the Liverpool F.C. website
- Sadio Mané career stats at Soccerbase