Samurai Pizza Cats
English-language dub of Japanese anime series Kyatto Ninden Teyandee
Samurai Pizza Cats is a television anime series produced by Saban. It is an English version of the Japanese anime series Kyatto Ninden Teyandee, which aired on TV Tokyo from February 1, 1990 to February 12, 1991. It aired for 54 episodes. It was very popular among English anime fans because of its references to pop culture and the crazy nature of the show.
|Samurai Pizza Cats|
|Anime television series|
|Directed by||Kunitoshi Okajima[source?]|
|Produced by||Andy Thomas (producer)|
Winston Richard (executive producer)
|Original run||February 1, 1990 – February 12, 1991|
The series is about a group of three robotic samurai cats (Rick Gomez, Tress MacNeille, Paul Reubens) called the Samurai Pizza Cats who protect the city of Little Tokyo from crime. Little Tokyo is a mechanical city which combines feudal Japanese culture with present day culture. When they are not fighting crime, the Samurai Pizza Cats work at the city's pizzeria.
- Rick Gomez as Speedy Cerviche
- Tress MacNeille as Polly Esther
- Paul Reubens as Guido Anchovy
- Jess Harnell as Guru Lou
- Don Messick as Big Cheese
- Billy West as Al Dente
- Sally Struthers as Lucille
- Kath Soucie as Francine
- Maurice LaMarche as Spritz
- Charlie Adler as Bad Bird
- Nancy Cartwright as Junior
- Dee Bradley Baker as Crow
- ↑ "キャッ党 忍伝 てやんでえ". Tatsunoko Productions. Archived from the original on 2009-07-03. Retrieved 2013-08-31.
- Samurai Pizza Cats at the Anime News Network's Encyclopedia