The Seattle Seahawks are a professional American football team from Seattle, Washington, USA. They started playing football in 1976. They are currently members of the Western Division of the National Football Conference (NFC) in the National Football League (NFL). The Seahawks played football in three Super Bowls. Their current quarterback is Russell Wilson. The Seahawks have stopped using two jersey numbers, #80 belonging to Steve Largent and #12, which represents the fan base, as they are referred to the 12th man at home games. The Seahawks play at CenturyLink Field (formerly known as Seahawks Stadium and Qwest Field).
|Established June 4, 1974|
First season: 1976
Play in CenturyLink Field
Headquartered in the Virginia Mason Athletic Center
|Team colors||College Navy, Action Green, Wolf Grey|
|Mascot||Blitz, Boom, Taima the Hawk (live Augur hawk)|
|General manager||John Schneider|
|Head coach||Pete Carroll|
|League championships (1)|
|Conference championships (3)|
|Division championships (10)|
|Playoff appearances (17)|
- The Seattle Seahawks played two preseason and three regular season home games of the 1994 season at Husky Stadium due to repairs at the Kingdome.
- Farnsworth, Clare (June 4, 2013). "ON THIS DATE: FIRST STEP TOWARD SECURING SEAHAWKS TAKEN". Seattle Seahawks. Retrieved March 18, 2014.
- "Seattle Seahawks Team Capsule" (PDF). 2017 Official National Football League Record and Fact Book. National Football League. August 22, 2017. Retrieved September 11, 2017.
- Farnsworth, Clare (April 3, 2012). "Seahawks' new look leaves other players longing". Seattle Seahawks. Retrieved October 24, 2016.
- Farnsworth, Clare (July 19, 2014). "On this date: Three home games moved to Husky Stadium". Seattle Seahawks. Retrieved July 19, 2014.