Sejo of Joseon
|King of Joseon|
|Reign||1455 – 1468|
|Predecessor||Danjong of Joseon|
|Successor||Yejong of Joseon|
|Born||September 29, 1417|
|Died||September 8, 1468(aged 50)|
|Issue||Crown Prince Uikyung of Joseon,|
Yejong of Joseon
|House||House of Yi|
|Father||Sejong of Joseon|
In 1429 his peerage was Grand Prince Sooyang. When his father Sejong the Great died in 1450, his elder brother Munjong was crowned. Two years later Munjong died, and Munjong's son Danjong was crowned.
In 1455, he produced a coup d'état and became king of Joseon himself. Sejo's nephew Danjong was expelled after he was murdered in 1455.
- father of Seongjong of Joseon, 9th king
- Sejo, King of Korea (1417-1468). "Life History and Sermon of Buddha Abstracted from Buddhist Scriptures". World Digital Library. Retrieved 23 May 2013.
- Sejo of Joseon:Navercast
- Sejo of Joseon[permanent dead link]
- 조선 세조대 정치를 보는 시각과 생육신 (논문) (in Korean)
- 나한님 옆 바위틈에 ‘물방울 종소리’ 청아해라 불교신문 2008년 06월 14일자 (in Korean)
- 선 굵은 선조… 개성 넘치는 정조…[permanent dead link] (in Korean)
- (이성무의 선비 이야기) <15> 세조와 이계전 Archived 2011-01-24 at the Wayback Machine (in Korean)
| King of Joseon Dynasty