Japanese era spanning from November 990 to February 995
Shōryaku (正暦) was a Japanese era name (年号,, nengō,, lit. "year name") after Eiso and before Chōtoku. This period started in November 990 and ended in February 995. The reigning emperor was Ichijō-tennō (一条天皇).
Events of the Shōryaku eraEdit
- Nussbaum, Louis-Frédéric. (2005). "Shōryaku" in Japan Encyclopedia, p. 886.
- Titsingh, Isaac. (1834). Annales des empereurs du japon, pp. 150-152; Brown, Delmer et al. (1979). Gukanshō, p. 302-307; Varley, H. Paul. (1980). Jinnō Shōtōki, pp. 192-195.
- Titsingh, p. 151; Brown, p. 305; Imperial Household Agency (Kunaichō), (円融天皇 (64); retrieved 2012-5-22.
- Nara City Tourist Association, Shoryaku-ji; retrieved 2012-5-4.
- National Diet Library, "The Japanese Calendar" -- historical overview plus illustrative images from library's collection
|Era or nengō: