Shah Aqeeq Baba
This article has many issues. Please help fix them or discuss these issues on the talk page.
Syed Asghar Ali Shah Bukhari
Urdu: حضرت شاہ عقیق بابا ۔ روحانی سرجن
c.1432(Jumada al-Thani 835 Hijri)
|Died||c.1451 (Jumada al-awwal 855 Hijri) (Martyred by Hindu man)|
|Resting place||Chuhar jamali,Sujawal District, Sindh (modern-day Pakistan)|
|Other names||Shah Aqeeq Baba|
|Predecessor||Syed Mian Usman Shah(shrine near Jati, Sindh)|
|Successor||Syed Shah Kasturi Bukhari (shrine near Shah Aqeeq Baba's shrine)|
Shah Aqeeq lived from about 1432 to 1451. He is celebrated as a Suhrawardi Sufi Saint. Shah Aqeeq lived in Uch, Punjab till the age of 7 but after his father Syed Muhammad Sharifuddin Ibn Abdullah Bhukari's death he and their brothers migrated to Sindh. In Sindh Shah Aqeeq met with Mian Usaman Shah. Severals years later he became the successor of Mian Usman Shah.
Urs (annual death anniversary)Edit
The urs (Urdu: عرس) is celebrated every year in the month of the Jumada al-awwal. The Urs (Urdu: عرس) or anniversary of his death is celebrated in the town of Shah Aqeeq, in Chuhar Jamali in Sujawal District, and there is a shrine to Shah Aqeeq where he is venerated as a "spiritual surgeon" and many visitors believe they are cured of disease. (In 1986, a biography was written about him by Habibu Sindhi and published by the Anjuman-i-Ghulaman-i-Mustafa).
Shah Aqeeq Baba is considered to be a spiritual surgeon in 'Sindh', Pakistan. People having diseases like cancer, heart / lungs / liver / brain diseases or any other diseases (even if doctors have denied) from all over the country even from outside the country come here for treatments. The treatment is followed by annunciations.Following the annunciations is considered as important and necessary.
- Reported by Ummat News Paper
- Ansari, Sarah FD. Sufi saints and state power: the pirs of Sind, 1843–1947. No. 50. Cambridge University Press, 1992. p. 20.
- reported by Express News
- Asghar Ahmad, Pakistan tourism directory, '86: everything about tourism. Holiday Weekly, 1986, p373, quote="URS OF SHAH YAQIQ, at Thatta, the historic town of Sind located about 80 kilometers from Karachi on the National Highway", accessed at https://books.google.com/books?id=-x0zAAAAMAAJ
- Wali of Allah blog
- روحانی آپریشن سے علاج دیکھیں, BBC Urdu, June 3, 2009.
- Accessions List, South Asia, Volume 7, Issues 1-6 E.G. Smith for the U.S. Library of Congress Office, New Delhi, 1987 accessed at https://books.google.com/books?id=UDlMAQAAIAAJ
- Spiritual Surgeon Shah Aqeeq Bukhari
- Sindhi, Habibu, Sawanah hayat Shah Yaqiq Shaheed Bukhari (Biography of Saint Shah Yaqiq Bukhari), Soshal Vailfe'ar Anjuman-i-Ghulaman-i-Mustafa (Cuhar Jamali, 1986)