capital city of the West Pomeranian Voivodeship, Poland
(Redirected from Stettin)
Szczecin (German: Stettin) is a large city in Poland in West Pomeranian Voivodeship. As of 2005, 411,119 people live there. The city is on the river Odra (German: Oder), near the border to Germany. It is one of the largest sea ports on the Baltic. It is the historical capital of the German province of Pomerania. Szczecin has got one of the biggest harbours on the Baltic Sea.
Szczecin borders with Police, a district town at the Oder River.
- ↑ esbjergkommune.dk accessed Feb-2008
- ↑ "Guide to Hull Humberside and general Hull information". city-visitor.com. Retrieved 2009-05-29.
- ↑ "Malmö stads vänortssamarbete" (in Swedish). Archived from the original on 2007-09-28. Retrieved 2009-06-27.
- ↑ "St. Louis Sister Cities". St. Louis Center for International Relations. Archived from the original on 2008-05-13. Retrieved 2008-05-19.
- ↑ Greifswald.de (in German)