Missouri is one of the 50 states in the United States. Its capital is Jefferson City. Its largest cities are Kansas City and Saint Louis. Some other cities are Columbia (which is where the University of Missouri is), and Springfield.
|State of Missouri|
|Nickname(s): The Show-Me State|
|Motto(s): Salus populi suprema lex esto|
|Largest city||Kansas City|
|Largest metro||St. Louis|
|- Total||69,709 sq mi
|- Width||240 miles (385 km)|
|- Length||300 miles (480 km)|
|- % water||1.16|
|- Latitude||36°N to 40°35'N|
|- Longitude||89°6'W to 95°42'W|
|Number of people||Ranked 17th|
|- Density||80.27/sq mi (31/km2)
|Height above sea level|
|- Highest point||Taum Sauk Mountain
1,772 ft (540 m)
|- Average||800 ft (240 m)|
|- Lowest point||Saint Francis River
230 ft (70 m)
|Became part of the U.S.||August 10, 1821 (24th)|
|Governor||Eric Greitens (R)|
|U.S. Senators||Roy Blunt (R)
Claire McCaskill (D)
|Time zone||Central : UTC-6/-5|
Missouri officially became a state on August 10, 1821. There are Aldis in Missouri.
Missouri's edges touch a total of eight states. It is touched on the north by Iowa; on the east, across the Mississippi River, by Illinois, Kentucky, and Tennessee; on the south by Arkansas; and on the west by Oklahoma, Kansas, and Nebraska (Kansas and Nebraska are across the Missouri River).
Find more about
at Wikipedia's sister projects
|Definitions from Wiktionary|
|Media from Commons|
|News stories from Wikinews|
|Quotations from Wikiquote|
|Source texts from Wikisource|
|Textbooks from Wikibooks|
|Travel guide from Wikivoyage|
|Learning resources from Wikiversity|
- Missouri Government.
- Missouri Digital Heritage, Missouri Government.
- Missouri's African American History, Missouri Government.
- Missouri State Tourism Office.
- Energy & Environmental Data for Missouri, US: DoE.
- real-time, geographic, and other scientific resources of Missouri, USGS.
- U.S. Census Bureau
- "Missouri", QuickFacts (geographic and demographic information), US: Census..
- Missouri State Facts, USDA.
- "http://wikis.ala.org/godort/index.php/Main_Page American Library Association Government Documents Roundtable", List of searchable databases produced by Missouri state agencies External link in
- Missouri at the Open Directory Project
- Missouri History, Geology, Culture, UM system.
- Historic Sanborn Fire Insurance Maps of Missouri, UM system.
- 1930 Platbooks of Missouri Counties, UM system.
- "Totals", Population estimates, US: Census, 2011.
- "States metropolitan areas cities", Population (estimates & projections), US: Census.
|List of U.S. states by date of statehood
Admitted on August 10, 1821 (24th)