Identifier for a time offset from UTC of −6
UTC−06:00 makes clocks 6 hours earlier than Greenwich Mean Time.
These are the places that are on the UTC−06:00 time zone.
As standard time (Northern Hemisphere winter)Edit
Main cities: Chicago, Mexico City, Winnipeg
CST is standard time in the 6th time zone west of Greenwich; used in North America in some parts of Canada, Mexico and the United States.
- Canada (Central Time Zone)
- West of 90° west
- All except Baja California, Baja California Sur, Chihuahua, Nayarit, Quintana Roo, Sinaloa and Sonora.
- United States (Central Time Zone)
- Except for Chambers, Lee, Macon, & Russel counties
- The counties of Bay, Calhoun, Escambia, Holmes, Jackson, Okaloosa, Santa Rosa, Walton, and Washington, and northern Gulf county (panhandle)
- Entire state except westernmost counties
- Central and eastern Nebraska
- North Dakota
- Entire state except southwest
- Entire state except Kenton
- South Dakota
- Eastern half
- All except the most west counties
As daylight saving time (Northern Hemisphere summer)Edit
Main cities: Denver, Calgary, Ciudad Juárez
- Canada (Mountain Time Zone)
- British Columbia
- Northwest Territories
- Baja California Sur, Chihuahua, Nayarit and Sinaloa states
- United States (Mountain Time Zone)
- Arizona - Navajo Nation only
- South of Salmon River
- New Mexico
- North Dakota
- Malheur County (except a small strip in the south)
- South Dakota
As standard time (for entire year)Edit
Main cities: Guatemala City, Tegucigalpa, Managua, San José, San Salvador
- Canada – Central Time Zone
- All province except Lloydminster
- Costa Rica
- El Salvador
- Called Central America Time Zone
- ↑ "WordNet Search – 3.1". wordnetweb.princeton.edu. Retrieved 9 July 2017.
- ↑ "Ontario Time Zone – Ontario Current Local Time – Daylight Saving Time". TimeTemperature.com. Retrieved 1 February 2015.
- ↑ 3.0 3.1 "Hora Oficial en los Estados Unidos Mexicanos" (in Spanish). Centro Nacional de Metrologîa. 11 November 2010. Retrieved 14 July 2012.
- ↑ 4.0 4.1 4.2 4.3 "Time Zones of the United States". Statoids. Retrieved 25 August 2012.
- ↑ "Time zone map (spring)" (PDF). Indiana State. 13 March 2011. Retrieved 14 July 2012.
- ↑ "Kentucky County Map". Kentucky Map Collection. Geology.com. Retrieved 6 October 2012.
- ↑ "Michigan Time Zone – Michigan Current Local Time – Daylight Saving Time". TimeTemperature.com. Retrieved 25 August 2012.
- ↑ "Tennessee County Map". Tennessee Map Collection. Geology.com. Retrieved 6 October 2012.
- ↑ "North American time zones: MST – Mountain Standard Time". Time and Date. Retrieved 28 September 2012.
- ↑ New Time Zone in Fort Nelson, timeanddate.com, September 21, 2015.
- ↑ "Canada Time Zone Map". WorldTimeZone.com. Retrieved 9 November 2012.
- ↑ "15 USC § 264 – Part of Idaho in Fourth Zone". Legal Information Institute. Cornell University Law School. Retrieved 15 July 2012.