Mississippi is one of the states of the United States. Its capital and largest city is Jackson. The state flower and tree are the magnolia. Other large cities are Biloxi, Greenville, Gulfport, Hattiesburg, Meridian, Pascagoula, Southaven, Tupelo, Starkville, and Vicksburg. It touches Arkansas (by the Mississippi River), Louisiana, Tennessee, and Alabama.
|Mississippi state symbols|
|Mammal||White-tailed deer (Odocoileus virginianus)|
|Colors||red and blue|
|Slogan||First Flight (unofficial)|
|State route marker|
Released in 2002
|Lists of United States state symbols|
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Mississippi (state).|
- "Mississippi: Population estimates". U.S. Census Bureau. July 1, 2017. Retrieved May 6, 2017.
- "Median Annual Household Income". The Henry J. Kaiser Family Foundation. Retrieved December 9, 2016.
- "Knob Reset". NGS data sheet. U.S. National Geodetic Survey. http://www.ngs.noaa.gov/cgi-bin/ds_mark.prl?PidBox=EG1487.
- "Elevations and Distances in the United States". United States Geological Survey. 2001. Archived from the original on October 15, 2011. Retrieved October 24, 2011. Cite uses deprecated parameter
- Elevation adjusted to North American Vertical Datum of 1988.