Steve Borden (born March 20, 1959), is an American professional wrestler, actor, author and former bodybuilder. He is better known by his ring name Sting. He is currently under contract with the WWE. He is best known for his time with the now-defunct World Championship Wrestling (WCW) and Total Nonstop Action Wrestling (TNA).
Sting on the March 30, 2015 episode of Raw
|Born||March 20, 1959|
|Lives in||Dallas, Texas, United States|
|Professional wrestling career|
Blade Runner Flash
Blade Runner Sting
|Billed height||6 ft 3 in (1.91 m)|
|Billed from||"Every man's nightmare"|
Venice Beach, California
|Trained by||Bill Anderson|
|Debut||November 28, 1985|
During his time with WCW, he was known as "The Franchise (of WCW)". In fact, some people know him as "The Stinger", "The Icon", and "The Vigilante". Also, during a time in 2011, he went through a Joker (a character played by the late Heath Ledger in blockbuster movie The Dark Knight in 2008) phase that was dubbed "The Insane Icon". He held a total of 15 championships in WCW. This includes the WCW World Heavyweight Championship six times, the WCW International World Heavyweight Championship two times, and the NWA World Heavyweight Championship one time. He has appeared on more PPVs in WCW than any other wrestler. When the WWF bought WCW in March 2001, Sting decided to not sign with them.
Sting joined Total Nonstop Action Wrestling (TNA) in 2003. Throughout his 11 years with the company, Sting was a one-time NWA World Heavyweight Champion, a four-time TNA World Heavyweight Champion, a one-time TNA World Tag Team Champion with Kurt Angle, and was inducted into the TNA Hall of Fame in 2012.
Sting made his WWE debut on November 23, 2014. He attacked Triple H and cost Team Authority the match. Sting faced Triple H at WrestleMania 31. He lost but shook Triple H's hand after the match.
He became a born-again Christian in August 1998. Sting has two sons, Garrett Lee and Steve, Jr. and a daughter named Gracie. After the 2015 NFL draft, his son Steven was invited by the Kansas City Chiefs to try out for the team at the rookie mini-camp.
- "Wrestling Timeline: Sting". The Wrestler/Inside Wrestling. Kappa Publications. June, 2007. pp. 66–71. Volume 15, 2007. Check date values in:
- "Sting's bio". SLAM sports. Retrieved 2008-08-19.
- "Sting official TNA profile". Total Nonstop Action Wrestling. Retrieved 2008-08-13.
- "Sting profile". Online World of Wrestling. Retrieved 2008-08-13.
- "6 surprising facts about Sting: Most WCW pay-per-view appearances". WWE. Retrieved 2015-12-29.
- "Radio Review: Sting says he'd love to wrestle Triple H, Austin, Taker". Pro Wrestling Torch. Retrieved 2015-12-29.
- "Team Cena def. Team Authority (Traditional Survivor Series Elimination Tag Team Match)". WWE. Retrieved 2015-12-29.
- "Triple H def. Sting". WWE. Retrieved 2015-12-29.
- "WCW and TNA Wrestler Sting Speaks". Muscle & Fitness. Retrieved 2015-12-29.
- "'Sting' Out of the Ring". CBN.com. Retrieved 2015-12-29.
- "Chiefs invite interesting class of rookies to 3-day minicamp". USA Today. Retrieved 2015-12-29.
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Steve Borden.|