Sum 41 (sometimes called The Sums, originally called Kaspir) is a Canadian rock punk band from Ajax, Ontario. The people currently in the band are Deryck Whibley (lead vocals, guitar, keyboards), Cone McCaslin (bass guitar, backing vocals), and Steve Jocz (drums, percussion, and backing vocals). The band's most known lineup is the same, except with Dave Baksh on lead guitar and backing vocals.
|Also known as||Kaspir (1996)|
|Origin||Ajax, Ontario, Canada|
In 1999, the band signed a record deal with Island Records. Since then, the band has released four studio albums. Their most successful album to date is All Killer, No Filler. The album had the single "Fat Lip" which did very well, making it the band's most successful single. The second single off the album, "In Too Deep", also did well.
They often perform more than 300 times in a single year. That is why they are known for their long and worldwide tours, most of which last more than a year. So far, all of the Sum 41 albums have done very well in Canada. Sum 41 has received many awards and nominations. They have been nominated for seven Juno Awards (the Canadian equivalent of a Grammy Award), winning twice.
- Studio albums
- "Juno Awards 2003". Archived from the original on 2009-12-13. Retrieved 2008-08-17.
- Edwards, Gavin (December 17, 2001). "People of the Year 2001: Sum 41". Rolling Stone. Archived from the original on 2009-02-11. Retrieved 2008-08-19.
- "Artists Chart History". Archived from the original on 2011-08-20. Retrieved 2008-08-17.
- "Sum 41 Past Tour Dates". Island Records. Archived from the original on 2007-02-09. Retrieved 2008-08-17.
- "Aquarius Records: About". Aquarius Records. Archived from the original on 2006-06-15. Retrieved 2008-08-17.
- W., Phili. "Sum 41 Band Bio". Theresnosolution.com. Retrieved 2008-08-17.
- Official Site @ Island Records
- Sum 41 at Last.fm
- A Sum 41 fan community Archived 2008-10-31 at the Wayback Machine
|Wikiquote has a collection of quotations related to: Sum 41|
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Sum 41.|