Tōhoku History Museum
The museum acquires, conserves, researches, communicates and exhibits a collection which focuses on the tangible heritage and the intangible heritage of Tōhoku. The museum holds archaeological objects from excavations in the region.
The museum opened in 1999.
- Miyagi Prefecture, 文化財財案内 (Cultural heritage guide)]; excerpt, tangible objects include "arts and crafts, ... historical documents, textiles, swords, sculpture, paintings, houses, temples and shrines"; retrieved 2012-6-27.
- Miyagi, 文化財財案内; excerpt, "intangible cultural heritage is 'human technology', such as the process of traditional Japanese sword training, traditional Japanese dyeing and weaving, traditional Japanese theater like Kabuki and Noh"; retrieved 2012-6-27.
- Miyagi, 特別史跡 多賀城跡 (Special Historic Site, Tagajo Ruins); retrieved 2012-6-26.
- Japan Agency for Cultural Affairs (Bunkachō), Jōmon polished stone ax; Miyagi, 硬玉製磨製石斧; retrieved 2012-6-26.
- Bunkachō, Jōmon polished stone; Miyagi, 硬玉製有孔玉器; retrieved 2012-6-26.