Muni Tarun Sagar (26 June 1967 – 1 September 2018) was an Indian Digambara monk and political advisor.
|Date of birth||26 June 1967|
|Place of birth||Guhanchi, Madhya Pradesh, India|
|Birth name||Pawan Kumar Jain|
|Date of death||1 September 2018(aged 51)|
|Place of death||New Delhi, India|
His lectures are known as Kadve Pravachan (bitter discourses) because they can be critical of common practices and views. His lectures have been published in book series also titled Kadve Pravachan. His audience often includes a majority of non-Jains.[source?]
Sagar was born as Pawan Kumar Jain on 26 June 1967 in Madhya Pradesh, India. He became Kshullak at the age of 13 and Acharya Pushpdant Sagar at the age of 20.
Sagar was known for supporting the ban on liquor, leather and meat in India. He began to publish speeches under the title Kadve Pravachan (Bitter Discourse) starting in 2003 in Ahmedabad.
Sagar delivered his sermons Madhya Pradesh Legislative Assembly in 2010 and in Haryana Legislative Assembly on 26 August 2016.
He was known as a "progressive Jain monk" for his criticism of violence, corruption and conservatism, and his speeches came to be called "Katu Pravachan".
While Jain monks often did not want to be related with politicians, Sagar often met politicians and government officials as a guest. He has delivered his sermons Madhya Pradesh Legislative Assembly in 2010 and in Haryana Legislative Assembly on 26 August 2016.
Sagar was respected by Prime Minister of India Narendra Modi and Modi would award him Tarun Kranti Puraskar in 2012.
In August 2016, Tarun Sagar was invited to address the Haryana Assembly by both the ruling BJP and the opposition Congress party members. He talked about social and political issues and evoked applause and laughter from lawmakers. The event caused a number of tweets critical of Muni Tarun Sagar because of his nudity.
He once said that Jihad is a conspiracy to convert Hindu girls into Muslims. He was also against Muslim practice in India.[source?]
Sagar died on 1 September 2018 from complications of jaundice in New Delhi, India at the age of 51.
- ↑ "कड़वे प्रवचनों का पहला कार्यक्रम सेक्टर-27 के रामलीला ग्राउंड में कल", bhaskar.com, 23 July 2016
- ↑ "Shivraj Singh Chauhan fit for PM, Jain muni says at RSS function", The Times of India, 14 October 2013
- ↑ "Muni Shri 108 Tarunsagar Ji Maharaj", Jainmunilocator.org
- ↑ "Beyond the Haryana address: Tarun Sagar, the Jain muni who speaks his mind, finds an audience", The Indian Express, 30 August 2016
- ↑ Most People Dressed up as Mahatma Gandhi World Record
- ↑ "Revolutionary Saint showering blessings", The Times of India, 25 June 2012
- ↑ "Muni Tarunsagar's 'Kadve Pravachan' burrows through hearts", Daily News and Analysis, 10 August 2012
- ↑ 8.0 8.1 "Jain saint uses wit to prick conscience of politicians", The Tribune, 27 August 2016
- ↑ "When Another Jain Monk Addressed A State Legislative Assembly And There Was No Controversy", The Huffington Post, 29 August 2016
- ↑ India, Press Trust of (26 August 2016), "Muni delivers 'Kadve Pravachan' in Haryana Vidhan Sabha", Business Standard
- ↑ "Jain seer gets warm welcome". thehindu.com. 5 March 2006.
- ↑ "ईर्ष्या से कुछ नहीं मिलता", navbharattimes.indiatimes.com
- ↑ "कडवे प्रवचन : धन का अहंकार न करें!", hindi.webdunia.com
- ↑ "धर्म जरूरी लगता है?", satsanglive.com
- ↑ "जहां तर्क है, वहां नर्क है : मुनि तरुणसागर", satsanglive.com
- ↑ "'Jainism practises what it preaches'". thehindu.com.
- ↑ "In pictures: Narendra Modi, Tarun Sagar Maharaj, Baba Ramdev, Vijay Darda". deshgujarat.com. 29 July 2012.
- ↑ "Vishal Dadlani's sarcastic tweet on Jain monk Tarun Sagar backfires, musician vows to quit politics", India Today, 28 August 2016
- ↑ "Jain leader Tarun Sagar's address in Haryana Assembly", The Indian Express, 1 September 2016
- ↑ "In address to Haryana assembly, Jain monk talks about Pakistan, sex ratio". hindustantimes.com. 27 August 2016.
- ↑ "Monk, in nude, addresses Haryana assembly, leaves Twitterati furious over misogynist anaology". intoday.in.
- ↑ "तरुण सागर के लव-जिहाद संबंधी बयान पर गरमाई सियासत", jagran.com
- ↑ "'हिंदू लड़कियों को मुस्लिम बनाने की साजिश है लव जिहाद'", Amar Ujala, 11 May 2015
- ↑ "Jain Monk Tarun Sagar Passes Away At 51". Headlines Today. Archived from the original on 1 September 2018. Retrieved 1 September 2018.
- Tarunsagar (9 June 2014), Kadve Pravachan by Muni Tarunsagar (in Hindi), Diamond Books, ISBN 978-9351652403
- Kadve Pravachan Book by Muni Tarunsagar