The Beguiled (movie)
The Beguiled is a 2017 American drama movie. It was written and directed by Sofia Coppola. It was based on the novel The Beguiled, written by Thomas P. Cullinan.
The movie is about an injured Union soldier, Cpl. John McBurney. He is a deserter during the American Civil War. He goes to an all-female Southern boarding school. The teachers and students are more than willing to help. Sexual tension leads to dangerous rivalries when the women tend to the soldier's wounded leg and offer him comfort and companionship.
- Colin Farrell as John McBurney
- Nicole Kidman as Martha Farnsworth
- Kirsten Dunst as Edwina Dabney
- Elle Fanning as Alicia
- Angourie Rice as Jane
- Oona Laurence as Amy
- Emma Howard as Emily
- Addison Riecke as Marie
The Beguiled was first shown on May 24, 2017. It was selected to compete for the Palme d'Or at 2017 Cannes Film Festival. Sofia Coppola won the Best Director award. She was the second woman to wint it.
Rotten Tomatoes has the movie at 73%, which means good reviews. On Metacritic, the movie has a rating score of 77 out of 100.
- ↑ "The Beguiled". Festival-Cannes.com. Retrieved May 14, 2017.
- ↑ "2017 Cannes Film Festival Announces Lineup". The Indie Wire. Retrieved June 21, 2017.
- ↑ "The Beguiled Reviews". The Metacritic. Retrieved June 21, 2017.