The Eagle Huntress
The Eagle Huntress is a 2016 internationally co-produced Kazakh-language documentary film. It was directed by Otto Bell. It was narrated by executive producer Daisy Ridley. It starts the story of Aisholpan Nurgaiv, a 13-year-old Kazakh girl from Mongolia. where she attempts to become the first female eagle hunter to take part in the eagle festival at Ulgii, Mongolia, established in 1999.
Aisholpan stated her desire to study medicine and become a doctor. The filmmakers made Aisholpan and her family "profit participants" in the documentary. It established a fund to help pay for Aisholpan's higher education. They received prize money $3,000 from winning Best Documentary. Later, they donated the money at the Hamptons International Film Festival to this fund.
- "Mongolia's Teen Eagle Huntress Deserves to Be the Next Elsa". New York Magazine. 2016-11-04. Retrieved 2016-11-04.
- Cara Buckley (2016-12-06). "Oscar documentary shortlist focuses on politics and race". New York Times.
- Diana Lodderhose; Nancy Tartaglione (2017-01-09). "BAFTA nominations: 'La La Land' leads with 11; 'Arrival,' 'Nocturnal Animals' nab 9 each - Full list & notable omissions". Deadline Hollywood.
- Seth Kelley (2016-08-05). "'The Eagle Huntress' Trailer: Daisy Ridley Narrates the Documentary". Variety. Retrieved 2016-11-04.
- Stacey Reiss (2016-10-08). "13-Year-Old Eagle Huntress Gives Great Advice for People Too Scared to Follow Their Dreams". Harper's Bazaar.
- Charline Jao (2017-02-01). "Interview: Otto Bell on the Structure of The Eagle Huntress and Telling Aisholpan's Story". The Mary Sue.
- Rafer Guzmán (2016-10-10). "The Eagle Huntress Wins Best Documentary at Hamptons Film Fest". Newsday. Long Island, New York.
- The Eagle Huntress on IMDb
- The Eagle Huntress at Box Office Mojo
- The Eagle Huntress at Rotten Tomatoes
- The Eagle Huntress at Metacritic
- The Eagle Huntress – Soaring Cinematography Featurette
- Adrienne Mayor (2016-05-01). "The Eagle Huntress: Ancient Traditions and New Generations" (PDF). Stanford University.