The Rescuers is a 1977 American animated comedy-drama adventure movie. It was produced by Walt Disney Productions. It was first released to movie theaters on June 22, 1977, by Buena Vista Distribution. It is the 23rd Disney animated movie. The movie is about the Rescue Aid Society, an international mouse organization in New York City and shadowing the United Nations. They are dedicated to helping abduction victims around the world at large. Two of these mice, shy janitor Bernard (Bob Newhart) and his co-agent, the elegant Miss Bianca (Eva Gabor), set out to rescue Penny (Michelle Stacy), an orphan girl who is being held prisoner in Devil's Bayou by treasure huntress Madame Medusa (Geraldine Page).
|Music by||Artie Butler|
|Distributed by||Buena Vista Distribution|
|Box office||$169 million|
The movie is based on a series of books by Margery Sharp, mainly The Rescuers and Miss Bianca. The movie was very successful. Later Disney released a sequel called The Rescuers Down Under in 1990. This made this movie the first Disney animated movie to have a sequel.
- Bob Newhart as Bernard
- Eva Gabor as Miss Bianca
- Geraldine Page as Madame Medusa
- Michelle Stacy as Penny
- Joe Flynn as Mr. Snoops
- Jim Jordan as Orville
- John McIntire as Rufus
- Jeanette Nolan as Ellie Mae and Pat Buttram as Luke
- James MacDonald as Evinrude
- Bernard Fox as Mr. Chairman
- George Lindsey as Deadeye
- Larry Clemmons as Gramps
- Dub Taylor as Digger
- John Fiedler as Deacon Owl
- Shelby Flint as Singer, Bottle
- Bill McMillian as T.V. Announcer
- ↑ Variety Staff. "Review: 'The Rescuers'". Variety. Retrieved February 12, 2016.
- ↑ D'Alessandro, Anthony (October 27, 2003). "Cartoon Coffers – Top-Grossing Disney Animated Features at the Worldwide B.O.". Variety. p. 6.
- Official website
- The Rescuers at AllMovie
- The Rescuers on IMDb
- The Rescuers at the Big Cartoon DataBase
- The Rescuers at the TCM Movie Database
- The Rescuers at Rotten Tomatoes
- The Rescuers at Box Office Mojo