The SpongeBob SquarePants Movie
The SpongeBob SquarePants Movie is a 2004 movie based on Nickelodeon's SpongeBob SquarePants television series. It was co-written, co-produced, and directed by series creator Stephen Hillenburg. David Hasselhoff appears as himself. 
|The SpongeBob SquarePants Movie|
|Directed by||Stephen Hillenburg|
|Written by||Stephen Hillenburg|
|Produced by||Stephen Hillenburg|
|Narrated by||Tom Kenny|
|Edited by||Lynn Hobson|
|Music by||Gregor Narholz|
|Distributed by||Paramount Pictures|
In Bikini Botton, SpongeBob SquarePants is angry that he is not manager of the new Krusty Krab 2 (next to the old Krusty Krab). Mr. Krabs, his boss, thinks he is too childish to be manager. This causes Spongebob to go on a drunken binge at the Goofy Goober's Ice Cream Party Boat restaurant along with his friend Patrick. They both experienced a hangover the next day and SpongeBob lashes out at Mr. Krabs for not giving him the manager position. Meanwhile, Plankton steals King Neptune's crown and makes it look like Mr. Krabs did it. In response, King Neptune freezes Mr. Krabs. SpongeBob arrives and promises to find Neptune's crown in six days. Plankton then steals the Krabby Patty formula from the frozen Mr. Krabs. SpongeBob and Patrick set off in the Patty Wagon toward Shell City.
After Plankton learns that SpongeBob and Patrick are seeking King Neptune's crown, he hires Dennis to follow and kill them. He also controls the people of Bikini Bottom with his mind-controlling buckets to prevent anyone finding out who actually stole the crown. SpongeBob and Patrick lose the Patty Wagon in a trench and almost give up. Neptune's daughter, Mindy, encourages them by giving them seaweed mustaches. SpongeBob and Patrick meet Dennis, who tells them the mustaches are fake and tries to crush them with his boot. Instead, Dennis gets crushed by a larger boot of a "Cyclops" (actually a man in an old diving suit).
The Cyclops kidnaps them and brings them to a store, where sea creatures get dried and sold. SpongeBob and Patrick learn that the store is Shell City. They find the crown but dry out and die from the heat of the Cyclops' heat lamp. Their tears short circuit the lamp and activate the sprinkler system. They come back to life with the other sea creatures. SpongeBob and Patrick run away with the crown while the sea creatures fight the Cyclops. They arrive just in time as Neptune prepares to kill Mr. Krabs. Plankton controls Neptune and surrounds Mindy, Patrick, and SpongeBob. SpongeBob frees Neptune and the people of Bikini Bottom. Plankton gets arrested, and King Neptune unfreezes Mr. Krabs. SpongeBob becomes manager of the Krusty Krab 2.
- Tom Kenny as SpongeBob SquarePants
- Clancy Brown as Mr. Krabs
- Rodger Bumpass as Squidward Tentacles
- Bill Fagerbakke as Patrick Star
- Mr. Lawrence as Sheldon J. Plankton
- Jill Talley as Karen
- Carolyn Lawrence as Sandy Cheeks
- Mary Jo Catlett as Mrs. Puff
- Jeffrey Tambor as King Neptune
- Scarlett Johansson as Princess Mindy
- Alec Baldwin as Dennis
- David Hasselhoff as himself
- Lori Alan as Pearl
- Dee Bradley Baker as Perch Perkins
- Carlos Alazraqui as King Neptune's squire
- Neil Ross as the Cyclops
- "Detail view of Movies Page". American Film Institute. Archived from the original on May 26, 2015. Retrieved May 26, 2015.
- Miller, Daniel (February 28, 2012). "Paramount to Release 'SpongeBob' Movie in Late 2014". The Hollywood Reporter. Retrieved February 28, 2012.
- "SpongeBob SquarePants Coming Back To Theaters In 2014". CINEMABLEND. 28 February 2012.
- "Paramount Dates 'Spongebob Squarepants 2,' 'Monster Trucks' for 2015". The Hollywood Reporter. 2013-01-08. Retrieved 2013-08-02.