Urawa Red Diamonds
Japanese association football club
Urawa Red Diamonds (浦和レッドダイヤモンズ, Urawa reddo daiyamonzu) is a Japanese professional football club in the Urawa ward of Saitama.
|Full name||Urawa Red Diamonds|
|Ground||Urawa Komaba Stadium,|
Saitama Stadium 2002
|2009||J1 League, 6th|
In 2007, the Urawa Reds were the first Japanese team to reach the finals of the Asian Champions League. Its famous in Japan developing young good players.
The club was founded in 1950.
- 1950-1992 Mitsubishi Motors SC
- 1992-present Urawa Red Diamonds
- Japan Soccer League Division 1 : 4
- 1969, 1973, 1978, 1982
- Japan Soccer League Division 2 : 1
- J1 League : 1
- 2011 : J1 League - 15th
- 2012 : J1 League - 3rd
- 2013 : J1 League - 6th
- 2014 : J1 League - 2nd
- 2015 : J1 League - 3rd
- 2016 : J1 League - 2nd
- 2017 : J1 League - 7th
- 2018 : J1 League - 5th
- 2019 : J1 League - 14th
- 2020 : J1 League - 10th
In 2009, Edmilson (Edmilson Dos Santos Silva) made three goals in one game (hat-trick) against Jubilo Iwata.
- ↑ Jsoccer.com, "Japan J.League Teams" Archived 2012-07-17 at the Wayback Machine; retrieved 2012-7-5.
- ↑ The team's hometown is the city of Saitama in Saitama Prefecture, but its name comes from the former city of Urawa, which is now a ward of the prefectural capital city.
- ↑ 3.0 3.1 Soccerway.com, "Urawa Red Diamonds"; retrieved 2012-3-2.
- ↑ "Urawa Reds advances to final," New York Times. October 24, 2007; retrieved 2012-3-26.
- ↑ WorldFootball.net, "3 Goals in one game"[permanent dead link]; retrieved 2012-7-5.
Media related to Urawa Red Diamonds at Wikimedia Commons
- Urawa Red Diamonds website (in English); (in Japanese)
- J.League Club Guide Archived 2012-03-04 at the Wayback Machine