Not many companies and corporations are suitable for an article on Wikipedia. There are millions of companies in the world, but only a few of these companies will be notable enough for an article here.
In order to have an article on Wikipedia, the company must be:
- the subject of several published works that are not associated with the company itself, OR
- included on lists of important companies, written by well-known and independent publications,
If you are writing about a product or service of a company, that product or service must:
- have been the subject of several published works from sources that are not associated with the company itself, OR
- be so well-known that its name has become another name for that kind of product or service (for example: in the United States, the brand Jell-O is a common name for any brand of jelly).
- Conflict of interest/advertising
If you are closely associated with the company you want to write about, then you have a conflict of interest. This will make it very difficult to write a good, neutral encyclopedia article. You will probably find it very difficult to write an article which will not look like advertising to other editors. Using Wikipedia for advertising is against our rules. If your article looks like an advertisement or does not meet the notability guidelines described above, it will probably be deleted very quickly. The best advice here may be to do nothing: if your company is notable, someone else will write about it. In the meantime, you could look for another topic to write about from the list at Wikipedia:Requested articles.
Does your article meet the requirements?
My article is about a notable company and is not advertising
My article could be considered advertising
My article is about a company that may not be notable