(Redirected from Wikipedia:List of policies)
|This page is a policy on the Simple English Wikipedia.|
Many people agree with it. They see it as a standard idea that all users should normally follow. When changing this page (except for minor errors like typos), please check that other people agree with your changes. Use the talk page when you are not sure or when you want to suggest a change.
Any time that people work together, it is important to make rules that they should agree to follow. Most of the rules written here must be followed by everyone, and some of the rules are still being decided.
Most of the time, if a rule has not been made here, or if something that happens is not covered by the rules that are here, we will look at the rules on the main English Wikipedia or other Wikimedia projects. We should also use common sense.
The Wikimedia Foundation has made rules that can never be changed. All projects must follow them:
- Wikipedia:Neutral point of view is the most important rule in changing pages.
- Anyone can change articles without making a username.
- The "wiki process" is the way to decide what is put on the project. See WP:CONSENSUS.
- All writing is available by copyleft licensing. Wikipedia uses the Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License and the GFDL license.
These are rules about how users should act.
- Wikipedia:Blocks and bans
- Wikipedia:Deletion policy
- Wikipedia:Edit war
- Wikipedia:Image use policy
- Wikipedia:Ignore all rules
- Wikipedia:Merging and moving pages
- Wikipedia:Neutral point of view
- Wikipedia:Protection policy
- Wikipedia:What Wikipedia is not
These are rules for writing articles for the Simple English Wikipedia.
- Wikipedia:Be bold in updating pages
- Wikipedia:Citing sources
- Wikipedia:Core article
- Wikipedia:How to write Simple English pages
- Wikipedia:Manual of Style
- Wikipedia:Template substitution
- Wikipedia:Change summary
These are rules for how to work better in Wikipedia together.
- Wikipedia:Assume good faith
- Wikipedia:Please do not bite the newcomers
- Wikipedia:User page
- Wikipedia:Be kind
- Wikipedia:Protecting children's privacy