William Shatner Canadian actor, author, director, producer, screenwriter, singer and space tourist. He became famous for playing James Tiberius Kirk of the USS Enterprise in the television show Star Trek from 1966 to 1969 and in seven more movies.(born March 22, 1931) is a
|Education||McGill University (BComm, 1952)|
|Children||3; including Melanie|
|Honours||Officer, Order of Canada|
|Selection||Blue Origin 2021|
Shatner has written a series of books telling his experiences playing James T. Kirk and being a part of Star Trek. He also played the role as veteran police sergeant T.J. Hooker, from 1982 to 1986. He has since worked as a musician, bestselling author, producer, director, and celebrity pitchman, most notably for Priceline.com.
Shatner is of Jewish descent.
Early work change
He trained as a Shakespearean actor and appeared in many plays. Before Star Trek, Shatner appeared in other TV shows such The Outlaws, 1960's The Outer Limits, The Twilight Zone, and movies. His first movie was in 1951. He starred in the movie Incubus that was filmed only in Esperanto.
- "Star Trek's William Shatner blasts into space on Blue Origin rocket". BBC News. 2021-10-13. Retrieved 2021-10-13.
Other websites change
- William Shatner on IMDb
- William Shatner at the Internet Broadway Database
- William Shatner at TV.com
- Shatner's daily vlogs on "ShatnerVision" Archived 2007-06-13 at the Wayback Machine
- Shatner at Amazon Reviews
- William Shatner Interview at Slashdot
- Shatner at Fame Tracker Archived 2008-03-16 at the Wayback Machine
- NY Times story on Shatner's "Has Been" album with Ben Folds Archived 2008-02-16 at the Wayback Machine