WrestleMania III was the third yearly WrestleMania professional wrestling pay-per-view event made by the World Wrestling Federation (WWF). The event was held on March 29, 1987 at the Pontiac Silverdome in Pontiac, Michigan.
|Tagline(s)||Bigger, Better, Badder|
|Who's Zooming Who? (Aretha Franklin)|
|Promotion||World Wrestling Federation|
|Date||March 29 1987|
The event is particularly notable for the record attendance of 93,173, the largest recorded attendance for a live indoor sporting event in North America. Though differing numbers have been argued, the event is considered to be the pinnacle of the 1980s wrestling boom. Almost one million fans watched the event at 160 closed circuit locations in North America. The number of people watching via pay-per-view was estimated at several million, and pay-per-view revenues were estimated at $10 million.
- Powell, John. "Steamboat - Savage rule WrestleMania 3". SLAM! Wrestling. Retrieved 2007-10-14.
- "WrestleMania III Facts and Stats". WWE. Retrieved 2007-10-14.
- Yandek, Chris (October 2003). "Interview: Randy Savage". Wrestling Digest. Retrieved 2007-10-14.
- Eck, Kevin (December 2002). "The main events: ladies and gentlemen, may we present the 25 most memorable matches in the last 25 years". Wrestling Digest. Retrieved 2007-10-14.
- Shields, Brian (2006). Main Event: WWE in the Raging 80s. Simon and Schuster. p. 26. ISBN 1416532579.
- Loverro, Thom (2006). The Rise & Fall of ECW: Extreme Championship Wrestling. Simon and Schuster. ISBN 1416510583.
- Loria, Keith (April 2003). "Mania madness: The top 10 matches from the fabled history of WWE's showcase event". Wrestling Digest. Retrieved 2007-10-14.
- Cohen, Eric. "WrestleMania III". About. Retrieved 2007-10-19.
- Schramm, Chris (1999-05-07). "A history of crowds". SLAM! Wrestling. Retrieved 2007-07-27.
- Beekman, Scott M. (2006). Ringside: A History of Professional Wrestling in America. Greenwood Press. p. 128. ISBN 027598401X.
- "WrestleMania III". Pro Wrestling History. Retrieved 2007-10-13.
- "WrestleMania PPV Cards". Wrestling Information Archive. Retrieved 2007-10-13.