WrestleMania X-Seven was the seventeenth yearly WrestleMania professional wrestling pay-per-view made by the World Wrestling Federation (WWF). It happened on April 1, 2001 at the Reliant Astrodome in Houston, Texas. The event was the first WrestleMania held in the state of Texas. The amount of people who went to the event broke the record for total number of people attending at the Reliant Astrodome. The total number of people was counted at of 67,925. It resulted in total receipt of $3.5 million. The event is often cited as the end of The Attitude Era.
|Tagline(s)||Houston... We Have a Problem|
|"My Way" by Limp Bizkit|
|Promotion||World Wrestling Federation|
|Date||April 1, 2001|
The main event was a No Disqualification match between Steve Austin and The Rock for the WWF Championship. During the match, Austin turned heel after he told Vince McMahon, a man that he had called his nemesis, to give him a chair. Austin hit The Rock with sixteen chair shots, which lead to Austin pinning The Rock and becoming the new WWF Champion. The PPV ended with Austin and McMahon shaking hands and sharing beers.
The main matches on the undercard featured Triple H vs. The Undertaker, the second Tables, Ladders, and Chairs match for the WWF Tag Team Championship, and Vince McMahon versus Shane McMahon in a Street Fight.
|12||Doink the Clown||Kamala|
|14||One Man Gang||Kamala|
|Winner||The Iron Sheik||-|
- "WrestleMania X-Seven poster". CompleteWWE.com. Retrieved 2008-02-22.
- "WrestleMania X-Seven report". Gerweck. Retrieved 2008-02-22.
- "WrestleMania X-Seven". Pro Wrestling History. Retrieved 2008-02-06.
- "WrestleMania X-Seven Sets Revenue, Attendance Records". WWE. 2001-04-02. Retrieved 2008-02-05.
- "Austin turns heel at WM X-Seven". Slam! Sports. Canadian Online Explorer. Retrieved 2014-05-26.
- "Full WrestleMania X-Seven results". WWE. Retrieved 2014-05-26.